• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Islamic state of London not safe, in general

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islamic state of London not safe, in general

See if this had happened in Glasgow, f43rt4krs would be set about. People of London, would you please grow a pair.

US student attacked in ‘Muslim patrol’ area of London | The Times

An American student drinking a bottle of beer was viciously beaten by a gang of five Asian youths in an area of London which has seen attacks on people accused of un-Islamic activities.

Scotland Yard released security camera footage of Francesco Hounye, 22, being surrounded by the youths.

The gang smashed a bottle into his face and then repeatedly kicked and punched him as he tried to escape.

Mr Hounye, from Florida, had only been in London for three days and had been considering continuing his studies in Britain.

Scotland Yard said the attack was not classed as a hate crime as they believed Mr Hounye was targeted simply because he was “obviously not local”.

Mr Hounye, who was originally from Italy, had been out for the night in Brick Lane area of Whitechapel, East London, with a friend he was staying with when he was attacked just after midnight on June 17.

The area has seen attacks by self-appointed members of “Muslim Patrols” who have targeted people who have been drinking, they believe are gay, or women they consider to be dressed inappropriately.

CCTV footage shows Mr Hounye and his friend being followed by a number of Asian men as they walked back to the friend’s home.

It is not clear what was said but the exchange became heated and the suspects threatening and aggressive.

One of the suspects grabbed a bottle the Mr Hounye was drinking from and smashed it against his face.

Mr Hounye was taken to the Royal London Hospital with deep slash wounds to his head and around his right ear. He needed 23 stitches to his face and more stitches internally. He has suffered permanent scarring and a chipped tooth.

Mr Hounye said in a statement to police: “As a result of this incident I am now scared to go out on my own in London. I am a visitor to the UK and was considering continuing my studies here but this incident has made me think twice.

“I feel very emotional about the whole situation. I also now face the rest of my life with the permanent scarring that will be left on my face as a result of this attack.

“Every time I look in the mirror from now on I will be reminded of this incident.” Police said the suspects are Asian and aged in their late teens to early 20s. They are possibly Bengali.

The man who used the bottle was wearing a red and white striped short-sleeved top with black trousers, white trainers and a large watch.

Detectives investigating a self-styled Muslim Patrol gang arrested five people in January following a string of incidents in east London where members of the public were harassed.

A video posted online show men from the gang in Whitechapel telling one man “no drink in this area, it’s a Muslim area” before ordering him to pour away his alcohol.

Majid Nawaz, the chairman of the Quilliam Foundation, an anti-extremism organisation, wrote in The Times that Muslim Patrols “could become a lot more dangerous”.

Detective Constable Ben Mott, who is leading the hunt for the gang that attacked Mr Hounye said: “We believe the suspects picked a fight with the victim as he was obviously not from the local area and they took exception to the fact that he was a bit different.

“The victim has an Italian accent, his own style of dress and mannerisms and, when challenged by the Asian males, answered them back. They retaliated by grabbing the bottle and launching a vicious attack that has left him scarred for life.

“He had come to the UK to enhance his studies and has been left so shocked and horrified by what happened that he feels unsafe and is unsure if he wants to stay here.

“The CCTV footage is exceptionally clear and I believe the suspects to be local. I would ask people to please look closely at the faces of the attackers and help us identify them.

“I am positive someone would know who they are from looking at the footage.”

Tower Hamlets CID can be contacted on 020 7275 4546 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Disgusting, I hope the 5 of them are given 20 years inside. Although even if they are caught I doubt anything severe will happen to them

I find the quote:

The victim has an Italian accent, his own style of dress and mannerisms and, when challenged by the Asian males, answered them back ...
    quite troublesome. It is almost as if they are blaming the victim. Or perhaps I am over reading it.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      See if this had happened in Glasgow, f43rt4krs would be set about. People of London, would you please grow a pair.

They'd have never got the bottle off a Scotsman

Comment

No one is safe in the General forum
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It was going on last year and got a lot of press, the attention died down for a while and obviously it's a slow news week again
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            Disgusting, I hope the 5 of them are given 20 years inside. Although even if they are caught I doubt anything severe will happen to them

I find the quote:

quite troublesome. It is almost as if they are blaming the victim. Or perhaps I am over reading it.
            I read that as if the article is being deliberately vague. Obviously the guy didn't deserve it, but we don't know what his 'mannerisms' were, and what he answered back. It says they challenged him, maybe he was full of Dutch courage and rose to the challenge instead of ignoring them. Like I say, the article clearly isn't saying everything.

Comment

The man who used the bottle was wearing a red and white striped short-sleeved top with black trousers, white trainers and a large watch.
              fook me he was bottled by Where's Wally

but in all seriousness this tulip has to stop - because the NF/BNP etc will simply go in a fu<k tulip up real bad and that will not be good for anyone

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                fook me he was bottled by Where's Osama
                but in all seriousness this tulip has to stop - because the NF/BNP etc will simply go in a fu<k tulip up real bad and that will not be good for anyone
                FTFY
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post

I find the quote:

The victim has an Italian accent, his own style of dress and mannerisms and, when challenged by the Asian males, answered them back ...
                  The way I see it, this is is the troubling bit:

Scotland Yard said the attack was not classed as a hate crime as they believed Mr Hounye was targeted simply because he was “obviously not local”.
                  I wonder if the police would conclude the same if an "obviously not local" Asian guy had been attacked by white thugs.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

How the hell did they deduce that?

Oh you mean he was 'white' so no hate crime. It was religiously motivated and against a minority of a different type.

Darn Owlhoot has beaten me to it!

They need to get a handle on this before the right wing nutters come out and start beating up old ladies of a funny colour.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X