• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Downhill mountain biking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downhill mountain biking

Dam, that boy has balls of steel

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Good find - That is absolutely berserk

(I want one of those bikes, to commute to clientco.)
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Saw a lot of this when we went out to Vancouver...during the summer, the ski runs are full of people doing this...
      Join IPSE

Comment

Looks like it's from the Redbull Rampage, well worth checking some of the vids on that, they are rather awesome

The alps are full of people doing it all summer. So are some of the mountain ranges in the UK, lot goes on at Cwmcarn & Ben Nevis.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Dam, that boy has balls of steel
          But when it goes wrong he'll have balls of paté.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I nearly tried this in Davos (well, not the backflips, that's just silly), it was only when I got to the top with my lightweight 4" hardtail and polystyrene hat and I realised everyone else had 8" full sussers with tyres that weighed a kilo a piece and full face hard shell helmets that I thought better of it.
            Last edited by doodab; 25 October 2013, 13:54.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              I nearly tried this in Davos, it was only when I got to the top and looked down I shat my pants.
              ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                ftfy
                If it had been covered in snow and I was on my board it would have been fine, but in the summer it's mostly covered in huge rocks.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  If it had been covered in snow and I was on my board it would have been fine, but in the summer it's mostly covered in huge rocks.
                  Yep, that's kind of 'what mountains are'; huge rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Yep, that's kind of 'what mountains are'; huge rocks.
                    At the top they also have a lot of small, very sharp, rocks, which will tend to shred ordinary bike tyres rather rapidly. Hence the rather beefier ones ones on downhill bikes.

Comment

Working...
                    X