• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, how bad is the weather going to be...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, how bad is the weather going to be...

...on Monday?

Storm in a teacup or are we heading towards the end of days?

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    ...on Monday?

Storm in a teacup or are we heading towards the end of days?

20mm + per hour is a lot of rain...

Quite a few of them ice-o-bars as well, but South Westerly so warmish...

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post

20mm + per hour is a lot of rain...

Quite a few of them ice-o-bars as well, but South Westerly so warmish...
      Warmish? Ooh, thunder etc?

Comment

So how breezy will it be?
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          So how breezy will it be?
          Looks like the South Coast will get a bit of a bashing.

50 knots, gusting 80 in the channel, you wouldn't catch me out there if I could help it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
            Looks like the South Coast will get a bit of a bashing.

50 knots, gusting 80 in the channel, you wouldn't catch me out there if I could help it!
            Wish I was down there... anyone else been to Porthleven in a storm?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think I may lose a tree or two which need cutting anyway. BTW, bought a chainsaw as I haven’t got the energy to use a hand saw these days.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                I think I may lose a tree or two which need cutting anyway. BTW, bought a chainsaw as I haven’t got the energy to use a hand saw these days.
                Excellent. I suggest you talk to Diver for some safety tips

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Wish I was down there... anyone else been to Porthleven in a storm?
                  No, we were in Falmouth when we heard about the last one and hightailed it back to the campsite to tether down the tent.

We did speak to a family in the local pub a couple of days later who said that they went to Porthleven and it was indeed spectacular. Unfortunately their analysis of actions and consequences were not a finely tuned as ours and they came back to a destroyed tent that was half way down the field.

They had to spend the rest of their holiday in a B&B.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    No, we were in Falmouth when we heard about the last one and hightailed it back to the campsite to tether down the tent.

We did speak to a family in the local pub a couple of days later who said that they went to Porthleven and it was indeed spectacular. Unfortunately their analysis of actions and consequences were not a finely tuned as ours and they came back to a destroyed tent that was half way down the field.

They had to spend the rest of their holiday in a B&B.
                    We would be down there but decided to not visit the Lizard for half term and instead go at Christmas instead.

Shame as I could have had a field day with my camera (and waterproofs).
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X