• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Twitter IPO

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twitter IPO

Anyone going to buy shares in Twitter when they go public? I am going to get some for my ISA S&S. Can;t see them not going +$100.

As an ethical investor, no, on principle. I wish Twitter hadn't been invented.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I'm staying well clear. Too risky for me.

Comment

Good luck with that, can see you getting burnt

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          As an ethical investor, no, on principle. I wish Twitter hadn't been invented.
          What's your ethical problem with Twitter?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            Anyone going to buy shares in Twitter when they go public? I am going to get some for my ISA S&S. Can;t see them not going +$100.
            $100 a share, you are having a laugh, top of the offer price range is $20 and if you think they are going to be worth 5 times that you are dumber than a post!

Twitter still has no solid revenue stream and is losing money quarter on quarter, it is a good long term punt if they can sort out some way to make money, those who get in early will also make money
            Last edited by SimonMac; 26 October 2013, 10:02.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              $100 a share, you are having a laugh, top of the offer price range is $20 and if you think they are going to be worth 5 times that you are dumber than a post!
              So no share has ever increased by 5 times , have a look at Google (10x in under 10 years), Apple and many others. Twitter is part of everyday life and the potential to make profits is huge, they are currently only scratching the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                So no share has ever increased by 5 times , have a look at Google (10x in under 10 years), Apple and many others. Twitter is part of everyday life and the potential to make profits is huge, they are currently only scratching the surface.
                Depends how long you are in it for, as I said above, stick around long term and you will probably make money
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Depends how long you are in it for, as I said above, stick around long term and you will probably make money
                  Yeah I see you edited your post after realising it made you sound like a idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    What's your ethical problem with Twitter?!?!
                    Too much noise. Not enough signal. It's a conduit for mindless drivel.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X