• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend plans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend plans

Well as I've avoided going to see Suede tomorrow night (eek youngest really wanted to go) I've got nothing planned.

What is everyone else up to?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Well as I've avoided going to see Suede tomorrow night (eek youngest really wanted to go) I've got nothing planned.
    You couldn't get tickets, or someone else is taking eek youngest? I didn't realise Suede were still about even.

Fly home tonight, with the prospect of not having to fly back on Sunday for the first time in months... I've got to make one more return trip in a couple of weeks to clear my flat out, but then I'm home again for good. It's been a long 6 months.

Saturday night my brother and siser-in-law are taking my wife and I out for dinner.
    At some point over the weekend I think I'll try to get a game of Civ 5 in, although hopefully not staying up for "just one more turn" until 05:30, as I did last Saturday night / Sunday morning.

Other than that, I'll spend some quality time slobbing about, working on my ark and gathering a few animals up before Monday.

Comment

Thanks for asking, not much today other than training at lunchtime and a night in with Mrs MUN.

Saturday, morning run and then am taking her for a surprise trip to London (again as took her on a surprise trip to London on Tuesday too) to see Rock of Ages which she mentioned wanting to see a few months ago.

Sunday we are popping up to a living history market. I need a new spear. Might go to a friend's house for some board games in the evening.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Racking off the Elderberry wine, bike ride depending on the weather.

Off to see Cirque du Soleil on Saturday night.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I shall be invoicing and playing with my toys. I will also be educating junior.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
            You couldn't get tickets, or someone else is taking eek youngest? I didn't realise Suede were still about even.
            Nope. I got tickets as Mrs Eek loves Suede but I can't stand them. The plan was originally Mrs Eek plus friend, friend double-booked herself so it was Me and Mrs Eek to the annoyance of Eek Junior (as she is too young for the venue). Venue has made a concession so Eek Junior is being allowed and I don't need to go.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Two boyos are currently installing a new log burner in the living room and so I will be spending the evening playing with fire.

Tomorrow Mrs P has a pass to go out with the girlies and so I will probably enjoy a takeaway and some TV violence.

Sun, out for lunch, pottering and cutting wood.

Thanks for asking!

Comment

Trying to sort out the car radio, which won't switch off or respond to any of the buttons; maybe a blown fuse or loose connection?

Plus;

- cleaning the leather in my newest ridiculous folly, a second hand Daimler Six. Just like this one;

NB: that is not Tester Towers in the background, unfortunately, and the car is a response to one of the quirks of the Dutch tax system.

Plus;

- a few bottles of wine might be appropriate
                Last edited by Mich the Tester; 25 October 2013, 10:04.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

As little as possible, except going to pick up our 2 new kittens [Mog & Bob].
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    As little as possible, except going to pick up our 2 new kittens [Mog & Bob].

Comment

Working...
                    X