• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Almost drove into Swindon today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost drove into Swindon today

On my way back from Heathrow airport where I dropped off my sister. Must have gotten the wrong way but thankfully a smelly (but friendly) IT contractor with a beard in a pink Merc SLK gave me directions on how to avoid Swindon. His long winded rant made it obvious that he had plenty of experience.

How did I know he was an IT person? He gave the wrong direction and charged me hefty fee for it!

Does your sister live in the UK Atw?

Just curious ....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      On my way back from Heathrow airport where I dropped off my sister. Must have gotten the wrong way but thankfully a smelly (but friendly) IT contractor with a beard in a pink Merc SLK gave me directions on how to avoid Swindon. His long winded rant made it obvious that he had plenty of experience.

How did I know he was an IT person? He gave the wrong direction and charged me hefty fee for it!
      Nice try AtW.

Invoice is in the post for the "consultancy"

PS It's not pink FFS it's cerise red.

Comment

So you bought it then?

Alf: she was here on holidays, I suggested that she claims asylum and stays here to only go to Canary Islands for holidays, but she is too honest for that.

Comment

Here, there, everywhere

I hear that the Canary Islands are popular with aylum seekers lately. I suppose the weather is better than the UK and if you can manage a nice hotel for a few months while you are there, it's worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            But most of them swim/sail from Africa... not Russia...
            How did Viktor get here then?

Comment

Working...
            X