• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn Intro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LinkedIn Intro

LinkedIn 'Intro'duces Insecurity | Bishop Fox

I know a fair few people on here use LinkedIn quite a lot, so worth a read for anyone with a profile
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Well they can **** off then.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Error establishing a database connection
      oops
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Well they can **** off then.
        Just don't install the 'Intro' app, what does it do exactly? (apart from violating your life if what that linky says is true)
        Last edited by kal; 25 October 2013, 15:01.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          oops
          F5

Its taken a bit of a hit in the past few days since they published the article

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Shocking.

What benefits is this app supposed to provide?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Shocking.

Well LinkedIn gets access to a lot of your data so they can sell you customized services, oh you mean for the use

Comment

I have an account but rarely use it. Within minutes of creating an account got spammed / invites from agents
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Shocking.

Linkedin will add some context for you (i.e. more details about the person as pulled in from their linkedin profile).

Its one of those things where it seems like a good idea to absolutely everyone involved until its finally shown to the customer at which point it becomes exactly the opposite.....
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I though that all apps on the app store were in some way certified by apple as 'safe', one would think that this type of behaviour would be considered as rampant arseholery by apple, obviously not if the article is true.

Comment

Working...
                    X