• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Restaurant in Glasgow?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restaurant in Glasgow?

Up for a long weekend, any recommendations? So far the missus is suggesting Amarone, which she's been to before, I like the sound of their sister restaurant BaroloGrill too and then there's Ichiban.

Not after super-pricey, but budget not too tight... I guess up to a £50 a head.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Up for a long weekend, any recommendations? So far the missus is suggesting Amarone, which she's been to before, I like the sound of their sister restaurant BaroloGrill too and then there's Ichiban.

Not after super-pricey, but budget not too tight... I guess up to a £50 a head.
    If you are in the west end and fancy Indian the best is Balbirs at bottom of Church Street which runs off Byres Road.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      If you are in the west end and fancy Indian the best is Balbirs at bottom of Church Street which runs off Byres Road.
      Been ages since I heard Church St. Do the remember the bar Zoo?

Wouldn't know where is good to eat in Glasgow these days. Ashton Lane was the place to be many moons ago, don't know if it still has that magic about it that I remember.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Been ages since I heard Church St. Do the remember the bar Zoo?

Wouldn't know where is good to eat in Glasgow these days. Ashton Lane was the place to be many moons ago, don't know if it still has that magic about it that I remember.
        Ashton Lane is still the same really, there is Ketchup if you fancy a burger and lots of bar/restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          +1

If you like seafood try the Rogano in the city centre.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Deep fried mars bars for me

Comment

The ubiquitous chip in ashton lane was alwahs excellent. Not been for a couple of years though.

Comment

Star Bar £2.80 3 course lunch.

Ill post something tomorrow as i'm in a rus....

Comment

Kama Sutra in Sauchiehall St. (if it's still there)
                  They do an excellent venion dish as I recal.

Comment

Grill Room on royal exchange sq for steak

Thai-riffic on Sauchihall st (stupidly cheesey name, but best thai food in town)

Kama Sutra is one of my favourite Indian restaurants too

Comment

Working...
                    X