• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Transport Network grinds to a halt yet again.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Transport Network grinds to a halt yet again.

Well true to form there is a danger of a leaf being blown onto the line due to the storm so Virgin Trains have hedged their bets and 'advised' people to stay at home tomorrow as there will be delays /cancellations etc, seriously, its a bit of wind and rain FFS!, I wonder if they will compensate me for my day rate if I cant get in... In fact there is no indication they will even compensate season ticket holders so don't hold your breath.

It's trees on the line around my way. German and French trains jump over them.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
      I wonder if they will compensate me for my day rate if I cant get in...
      No, next!

Comment

I wonder if they will compensate me for my day rate if I cant get in...
        No the weather is exempt.

They were warning people on Friday there was going to be problems so if you didn't decide to work from home then......
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          No the weather is exempt.

They were warning people on Friday there was going to be problems so if you didn't decide to work from home then......
          Some of us don't get to do this new fangled work from home, its all about agile, XP, and pairing apparently...

Comment

Some of us don't get to do this new fangled work from home, its all about agile, XP, and pairing apparently...
            More likely a control freak of a manager.

Comment

All trains into Waterloo have been cancelled for me until after 09:00.

I can go in via Paddington - leaving half an hour earlier gets me in to the office 45 minutes later, but I have to go in, so buggerit, I'll turn up late.

Comment

I'm glad I don't live in East Sussex - no trains and no bin collection.

Comment

Costing me a day's billing at the moment. No trains until at least 09:30.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Not the first time I've wfh because of terrible wind.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X