• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Recent Film Viewings...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Recent Film Viewings...

Some my choice, some recommended by others..

1. The Others Guys - crap - even with Steve Coogan in it..

2. Grown Ups and Grown Ups 2 - largely slaughtered by the press, I loved them both, even 2, which all the reviews said was well rank...

3. The Call - Halle Berry - as a 911 cal operative, very good actually, ending a bit naff though...

4. Stone Roses: Made of Stone - enjoyed this, but not really a film, more a documentary...

5. Spike Island - related to above, not bad, but again, no real story...

6. Parkland - about the aftermath of JFK's death in a hospital atmos - boring...

7. Man of Steel - not bad - wanted to hate it but not bad!

8. The Dark Prince - turned it off.

I forgot R.I.P.D - absolute horse shiit....

Comment

looking at your list.. you really need too be more selective in your choices..

Comment

Saw White House Down the other day

it was ok! if you want some brain porridge.

Comment

I was bored, home alone, missus away - just nabbed mostly what was most seeded on TPB....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Saw White House Down the other day

it was ok! if you want some brain porridge.
            er, is brain porridge intellectually nourishing or the opposite? I enjoyed White House Down - Plenty of action and explosions.

Saw The Wee Man (2013), which I'd highly recommend. (The 5.2 IMDB score is an example of how non-Hollywood films are often unfairly marked down on IMDB by ignorant American weenies who in this case probably couldn't understand the Scottish accents.)

Looking forward to seeing Gravity (2013) in 3d
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              er, is brain porridge intellectually nourishing or the opposite? I enjoyed White House Down - Plenty of action and explosions. SNIP

Looking forward to seeing Gravity (2013) in 3d
              Dunno really I just use it to mean it can be digested by the brain without any real effort!

and yes Gravity looks like fun too

Comment

Killer Joe - Wouldn't normally bother with a Matthew McConaughey film but this was very good indeed.
                If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
                  Killer Joe - Wouldn't normally bother with a Matthew McConaughey film but this was very good indeed.
                  Yeah I enjoyed the film, although the trip to KFC afterwards was a bit
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Some my choice, some recommended by others..

1. The Others Guys - crap - even with Steve Coogan in it..

2. Grown Ups and Grown Ups 2 - largely slaughtered by the press, I loved them both, even 2, which all the reviews said was well rank...

3. The Call - Halle Berry - as a 911 cal operative, very good actually, ending a bit naff though...

4. Stone Roses: Made of Stone - enjoyed this, but not really a film, more a documentary...

5. Spike Island - related to above, not bad, but again, no real story...

6. Parkland - about the aftermath of JFK's death in a hospital atmos - boring...

7. Man of Steel - not bad - wanted to hate it but not bad!

8. The Dark Prince - turned it off.
                    Have you ever through about going to Mark Kermode's job?

Comment

Working...
                    X