• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have we turned into a nation of pussies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have we turned into a nation of pussies?

Well, have we?

I'm sure when I was younger trees got blown over all the time but I still rode to school on my bike. Now I'm WFH because my bin fell over. Am I getting old?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Well, have we?

I'm sure when I was younger trees got blown over all the time but I still rode to school on my bike. Now I'm WFH because my bin fell over. Am I getting old?
    Soft twat! I was up at 3:00, in the car at 3:30, in the office at 6:40, 220 miles away. Drove through wind, rain, morons, fallen trees.

Unfortunately, the powers that be don't permit WFH :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Soft twat! I was up at 3:00, in the car at 3:30, in the office at 6:40, 220 miles away. Drove through wind, rain, morons, fallen trees.

Unfortunately, the powers that be don't permit WFH :-(
      I am at the mercy of the trains, and there aren't any. Driving isn't an option.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Left at 6am, got in at about 8am, ignored all the warnings drove carefully and found the rounds quiet but rather on the windy side

Last two hurricanes I was in hospital (and the roof blew off) it was scary after an op but not a lot you can do about it, or the other time I was surfing where the wind was blowing onshore

Take it easy and they can be fun
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Your bin fell over as in drunk or tripped on the kerb or was it blown over?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Your bin fell over as in drunk or tripped on the kerb or was it blown over?
            Last time we had a windy day, the neigbourhood snoop newsletter reported that 'several bins were pushed over by youths in xxx Drive'. Made me smile that did.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Well, have we?

If you mean the English then no, they have always been pussies. Scotland has weather like that every week and we just get on with it.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Last time we had a windy day, the neigbourhood snoop newsletter reported that 'several bins were pushed over by youths in xxx Drive'. Made me smile that did.
                where the fook do you live? Naziville?

Comment

Working...
                X