• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A new twist on the 2 references thing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new twist on the 2 references thing

Received from a pimp today after an application to a seemingly legit role on jobswerve.

Many thanks for your application for the above role.

This role is with the Ministry of Justice, via Capita as the Neutral Vendor. I have attached a copy of the spec as supplied by the client. We can ask questions if you have any but this can take a day or two for any response. The rate for this role is fixed at £xxx per day.

Capita and the Ministry of Justice require us to undertake identity and reference checking at time of CV submission.

In advance of submitting your details for this role I will need:

a) A scan of your passport or other form of photo ID
    b) Your NI Number (the last 3 numbers/letters will suffice at this stage). Please note we need this to create a common user ID for you on the Capita online portal.
    c) Your date of birth (just the day and month will suffice at this stage; again it is used to create a common user ID on the Capita portal).
    d) The names and email addresses of 2 references that I can approach. Please note that these can be general HR email addresses – I understand the concerns regarding giving out names etc but we guarantee not to approach any referee you supply for any reason beyond taking up a reference for you.
    e) Confirmation via email that we have your express permission to submit your details for this role (we need to have this on file).
    f) Confirmation of your first available start date if successful

I should also point out that if selected for interview we will need to take further details to allow a Baseline Security Check and you will also be asked to complete the Basic Disclosure Scotland online security check.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Actually that doesn't sound unreasonable given that it's almost certainly an SC gig, and they've revealed the customer and their client. Just give them the name of your last two agents and move on.
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
      Actually that doesn't sound unreasonable given that it's almost certainly an SC gig, and they've revealed the customer and their client. Just give them the name of your last two agents and move on.
      That was my instinct. Not sure what the issue is there.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
        +1 nothing there screens anything other than required process. AND they clear ask for hr details rather than budget holders details..

There is 1 muppet in this job application and by the looks of that its definitely not the agent....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Nightmare project. Steer clear.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
            Nightmare project. Steer clear.
            Suity's the man!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Suity's the man!
              to really screw it up
              FTFY HTH but I very very much doubt it.

And I'm dead if I ever go to Luton not that I ever will
              Last edited by eek; 28 October 2013, 11:59.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Suity's the man!
                You missed the obligatory smilie.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  +1 nothing there screens anything other than required process. AND they clear ask for hr details rather than budget holders details..

There is 1 muppet in this job application and by the looks of that its definitely not the agent....
                  Yes, it is cleverly worded to screen out stupid people who think they're clever - at best they are time wasters, and at worst they destroy the project.

Comment

So should I go for it then?
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X