• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Day 41 - Health and Safety Latest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 41 - Health and Safety Latest

Just been informed that during the month of December, the stair monitors will be dressed as Santa Claus and will remind staircase users to Ho-Ho-Ho Hold the handrail.

stair monitor?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
      stair monitor?
      He's 15 years old. It's half term.

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
        Just been informed that during the month of December, the stair monitors will be dressed as Santa Claus and will remind staircase users to Ho-Ho-Ho Hold the handrail.
        I hope they also warn people _not_ to touch the hand rails on escalators in department stores, as you can get a nasty belt of static and pick up germs!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

As it's December and getting near to christmas, shouldn't it be Elf and Safety
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
            As it's December and getting near to christmas, shouldn't it be Elf and Safety
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
              That reminds of a certain electrical generating company / holiday camp in Gloucestershire where I did a six month stint during one downturn five years ago or so where I was told off for walking up some stairs in the central reception area while holding a cup of coffee in one hand and a diary in the other. Apparently this was dangerous because I did not have a free hand for the handrail.

Boy that six month contract was long..

Comment

I worked there as well a few years ago - one time I was carrying a Cisco 2900 (small 1 u switch) down the stairs and was told off for not using the lift. Was then turned back round and told to go back up stairs. That was a proper H&S nightmare place. ever spill your coffee? - that was considered a near miss if you did and if you did spill some on your lap then it was an incident. Only lasted 6 months there before another distraction made me forget to sign an extension

Comment

You laugh, a previous client co. brought in stricter H&S rules about using the stairs after an employee tripped while carrying a bottle of milk in each hand. She ended up in hospital having surgery to repair severed tendons in both hands and was off for 6 months recovering.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                  X