• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Angela Merkel - Hypocritical cow!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angela Merkel - Hypocritical cow!

3.3.3. The example of the German Federal Intelligence Service

Department 2 of the German Federal Intelligence Service (FIS) obtains information through the interception of foreign communications. This activity was the subject of a review by the German Federal Constitutional Court. The details made public during the court proceedings (23), combined with the evidence given to the Temporary Committee on 21 November 2000 by Mr Ernst Uhrlau, the coordinator for the secret services in the Federal Chancellor's Office, give an insight into the scope for obtaining intelligence by intercepting satellite communications (until May 2001 the FIS was not authorised to intercept foreign cable communications in Germany).

On the basis of differing legal provisions or the availability of a greater number of analysts, the capabilities of other intelligence services may be greater in detail terms in given areas. In particular, the monitoring of cable traffic increases the statistical likelihood of success, but not necessarily the number of communications which can be analysed. In fundamental terms, in your
    rapporteur's view the example of the FIS demonstrates the capabilities and strategies employed by foreign intelligence services in connection with the monitoring of foreign communications, even if those services do not disclose such matters to the public.

The FIS endeavours, by means of strategic telecommunications monitoring, to secure information from foreign countries about foreign countries. With that aim in view, satellite transmissions are intercepted using a series of search terms (which in Germany must be authorised in advance by the so-called G10 Committee (24).

The relevant figures break down as follows (year 2000): of the roughly 10 million international communications routed to and from
    Germany every day, some 800 000 are transmitted via satellite. Just under 10% of these (75 000) are filtered through a search engine. In your rapporteurís view, this limitation is not imposed by the law (in theoretical terms, and at least prior to the proceedings before the Federal Constitutional Court, a figure of 100% would have been allowable), but derives from technical
    restrictions, e.g. the limited capacity for analysis.

(20)Major A. Andronov, Zarubezhnoye voyennoye obozreniye, No 12, 1993, 37-43.
    (21)Information supplied privately to the rapporteur (source protected).
    (22)Information supplied privately to the rapporteur (source protected).
    (23)BverfG, 1 BvR 2226/94, 14 July 1999, paragraph 1. PE 305.391 36/194 RR\445698EN.doc
    (24)Law on the restriction of the privacy of posts and telecommunications (law on Article 10 of the Basic Law) of 13 August 1968.
    Taken from http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/...EN&language=EN a study by the European Parliament.
    Last edited by Churchill; 28 October 2013, 17:16.

er, doesn't all that relate to comms routed through Germany, which I think anyone would agree is fair game for the Germans.

Surely Merkel & co could only justly be called hypocritical if they'd been caught earwigging on President Obama's private mobile conversations in the US.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      er, doesn't all that relate to comms routed through Germany, which I think anyone would agree is fair game for the Germans.

Surely Merkel & co could only justly be called hypocritical if they'd been caught earwigging on President Obama's private mobile conversations in the US.
      Was this bit too difficult for you to read...
      The FIS endeavours, by means of strategic telecommunications monitoring, to secure information from foreign countries about foreign countries. With that aim in view, satellite transmissions are intercepted using a series of search terms (which in Germany must be authorised in advance by the so-called G10 Committee (24).

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Was this bit too difficult for you to read...
        No, that paragraph was easy to read, as was the next paragraph, which is as follows with the relevant clause highlighted for your benefit:

The relevant figures break down as follows (year 2000): of the roughly 10 million international communications routed to and from Germany every day, some 800 000 are transmitted via satellite. Just under 10% of these (75 000) are filtered through a search engine.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I think the difference is that Merkel et al have been open with what they snoop on, where as the NSA has not be as forthcoming
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

No, that paragraph was easy to read, as was the next paragraph, which is as follows with the relevant clause highlighted for your benefit:
            Thank you but that bit isn't as relevant for the purposes of this discussion.

A link to the full document is provided if required.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              I think the difference is that Merkel et al have been open with what they snoop on, where as the NSA has not be as forthcoming
              So what is the purpose of the delegation that "ze Germans" have sent over to the 'States?

Comment

Germans don't engage in aggressive intelligence (at least since Abwehr) anywhere, certainly not on allied countries.

It's the job of locally stationed diplomants to know enough about local leaders to relay to HQ rather than NSA's - they've clearly overstepped their mandate.

Comment

i wonder what the outcome would be if it had been Germany / France / Italy / take your pick had been intercepting all of America and the other 4 nations (UK, Australia, Canada) telephone / internet usage? Cameron and Obama would have probably declared war, they're the ******* hypocrites...

Wait for the day that your private e-mails to Mistress Dildo Bottom get printed in the papers
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

WHS+1,2, & 3
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X