• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quitting the English Defence League: When Tommy Met Mo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quitting the English Defence League: When Tommy Met Mo

Anybody see this yesterday on BBC1?

I thought it was very interesting.... Not sure what I make out of Tommy though.

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Anybody see this yesterday on BBC1?

I thought it was very interesting.... Not sure what I make out of Tommy though.
    Met him once. Utter bellend.

HTH.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Met him once. Utter bellend.

HTH.
      He does seem to gradually shift his position and opinion during the programme. Got to respect him for opening up a little and listening to other views.

Comment

He does seem to gradually shift his position and opinion during the programme. Got to respect him for opening up a little and listening to other views.
        That's new. When I met him I told him the edl (newly formed at the time) ran the risk of becoming a bunch of football hooligans and if he really wanted to make a difference he should look at the greatest political leaders of our time for inspiration.

He got quite aerated and then two of his burly associates dragged their knuckles along the ground to tell me to fck off.

Tetchy fecker.

Comment

That's new. When I met him I told him the edl (newly formed at the time) ran the risk of becoming a bunch of football hooligans and if he really wanted to make a difference he should look at the greatest political leaders of our time for inspiration.

He got quite aerated and then two of his burly associates dragged their knuckles along the ground to tell me to fck off.

Tetchy fecker.
          Well he has left the EDL now - which shows he has shifted from that position.

Comment

Does it. Leopards don't readily change their spots.

Comment

They do if you use Tippex
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

No, he still holds the same views he just got tired of having to deal with the thugs that he attracted to the EDL. He said it himself in other interviews, he couldn't handle it anymore.

His objectives are still the same, he's just realised that street protests and violence are not going to achieve anything other than vilification for him and his family and generate support for the anti-facist groups that are opposing the EDL.

Look forward to seeing him weasel his way onto question time and mainstream media to discuss "the issues of immigration".
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

He is working with a Muslim organisation called the Quilliam foundation

Comment

He is working with a Muslim organisation called the Quilliam foundation
                    Not much he isn't - according to an interview with Mo yesterday in which the BBC were using their "news" to promote their own progs. Mo said he hadn't seen much of "Tommy*" since they made the Panorama prog.

*He isn't even called Tommy

Comment

Working...
                    X