• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things to do in Wales

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to do in Wales

Hi,

Furlough at client over the chrimbo break looking at getting away for 4-5 days. Heart says Lanzarotte, house extension costs suggest somewhere closer to home.

I haven't been to Wales in ages but it still seems a very pretty place. Can anyone recommend areas to visit, I quite like walking but we'll have a 3 and 2 year in tow so long periods in the rugged countryside maybe a no-no.

Ta

Leave?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Get a papoose for when they get tired and you can visit anywhere

Snowdonia in the winter is always lovely, but be prepared to need a 4X4 to get around, and walking boots for the rest
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
        Hi,

Furlough at client over the chrimbo break looking at getting away for 4-5 days. Heart says Lanzarotte, house extension costs suggest somewhere closer to home.

I haven't been to Wales in ages but it still seems a very pretty place. Can anyone recommend areas to visit, I quite like walking but we'll have a 3 and 2 year in tow so long periods in the rugged countryside maybe a no-no.

Ta
        Wales isn't a "place", Boyo! It's a fcking principality, a big one at that!

Comment

There are obviously many areas of beauty in wales but according to trip advisor I think the best two are;

1. Taking a trip on the Giant Alien Lizard scenic railway. Marvel at the organic based street art on the pavement, count the blindpeople or psycodoggies and not forgetting of course the "can I see the school" game.

2. Visit the Diver memorial hand hospital and chainsaw museum. A touching exhibition of diver's various body parts and the tools and equipment he used to sever them from his body.

Comment

Pembrokeshire? Crap place to live (why do you think I left?) but a great place to visit. Walk the Costal Path, using the drop-off bus service to get to and from it. Lots of other places to visit as well.

Main drawback will be the Pembrokeshire Drizzle (pouring rain, I think the English call it) but when the sun does shine it's one of the prettiest places in the country.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Rhosili looks very pretty a bit out of the way though, I've just noticed dinosaur world near Tenby unfortunately it closes at the start of November.

Looking at the distances between places and the travel times in google maps places seem quite isolated which I suppose is part of the attraction. Is Cardiff a nice place to visit with kids?

Comment

was in cardiff the other day - nothing special just seemed to be a generic city

but as others have said go 10 miles out of any major city and you can find your self in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Go to Anglesey, close to Snowdonia and plenty of places to go walking that time of year too.

GE

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
                    Go to Anglesey, close to Snowdonia and plenty of places to go walking that time of year too.

GE
                    Go to Prestatyn, it's sh!te.

Comment

Working...
                    X