• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gimmick or new Toy ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gimmick or new Toy ?

BBC Linky : Component mobile phone design

I think it has potential
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    BBC Linky : Component mobile phone design

I think it has potential
    With the plethora of phones out there already finding one that suits all your needs is not very difficult as it stands without having to build your own, it then goes into the situation of how many other components would you actually use? NFC etc?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Unless it becomes trendy to have one, it won't take off no matter how well it is implemented

Look at Windows phones, technically decent but just not fashionable
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        Unless it becomes trendy to have one, it won't take off no matter how well it is implemented

Look at Windows phones, technically decent but just not fashionable
        Or look at Mrs Eek. Running an iphone 4 and ios5 because she really doesn't like change....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Or look at Mrs Eek. Running an iphone 4 and ios5 because she really doesn't like change....
          Funny, when I'm with her she's very experimental.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Funny, when I'm with her she's very experimental.
            She would have to be to be with you!

"He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              With the plethora of phones out there already finding one that suits all your needs is not very difficult as it stands without having to build your own, it then goes into the situation of how many other components would you actually use? NFC etc?
              I think this is right, its not just the phone hardware that needs to be changed but the architecture of the software...what I would want to see is a single sign on service on any phone (regardless of hardware/os) which downloads my profile (all my data and apps) when I connect into it (regardless of geography or network carrier lock) and may extend to landline handsets too. Maybe its too much to hope for?
              Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                Maybe its too much to hope for?
                Yes because the real value in android / ios is the time, data and apps you have invested in that infrastructure....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                  Look at Windows phones, technically decent but just not fashionable, and tulip software
                  FTFY

Comment

Working...
                  X