• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Had a bump

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a bump

Someone has rolled into my rear bumper at a traffic light. My bumper barely a scratch, something you'd get at a supermarket parking. Had to call insurance who are arranging for a repair with a 4-digit cost.

If I go ahead with the repair would my future premiums be affected?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ance-rant.html
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey View Post
      Someone has rolled into my rear bumper at a traffic light. My bumper barely a scratch, something you'd get at a supermarket parking. Had to call insurance who are arranging for a repair with a 4-digit cost.

Even if you claim everything off their insurance you will have to make any future insurance renewal aware that you have been in an accident, even a no fault one so yes your premiums may be affected, although your NCB should not
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I also understand that you should tell insurance company of every accident you have - even the ones where you didn't claim. If you don't they can void your insurance.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

This has happened to me, twice in the past 3 years.

First time, a daft bint was doing her makeup, whilst stationary at a traffic circle. She let her foot off the brake whilst looking in the mirror and bumped into the back of my car. She immediately admitted this and there was literally a hairline crack in the rear bumper, so I took it in for repairs. I had a hire car for nearly two weeks and the whole bumper had to be replaced by an Authorised Repairer, since the bump has displaced the internal bumper "dampers".

Second time, a daft bint neighbour was reversing her car and backed into my parked car outside my house. She immediately denied this and there was literally a BIG DENT in the rear bumper, and then her husband came to apologise. I took it in for repairs. I had a hire car for nearly two weeks and the whole bumper / light clusters / etc had to be replaced by an Authorised Repairer, since the bump had fooked the thing.

My insurance was not affected in either instance, since the bints were both insured through Tesco (as am I) and both claims were registered as "No Fault" claims. In fact, my insurance has dropped from £700 to £480 since then...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Do like wot I done.
            Told my insurance I would not claim from then and I would claim direct from the other party.
            Billed the other party for repairs £1000. (not yet done) plus consequential loss £250.
            Other party’s insurance tried to settle at 75% off of claim.
            I made a small claim.
            The court struck out the defence as being an abuse of process (Zurich again)
            Got my money, spent £120 on repair. BTW: Totally legal, under insurance law you don’t have to spend the money on repairs etc. It is treated as compensation in full and final settlement.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Why did you HAVE to fill the insurance forms in? Couldn't you just get £100 off him and you both go away happy. By filling this in he will also get loaded though loss of NCB etc so I am sure he would rather avoid all that carry on?

You can get penalised just for being in an accident even if you were 100% not at fault. They assume you aren't a careful drive by getting involved in on.

Try do it off the books IMO.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Did you stop in the middle of the road and block all the traffic like most tw*ats do?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Did you stop in the middle of the road and block all the traffic like most tw*ats do?
                  Probably better than just driving through the red light like thick ***** do, don't you think?
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Did this per chance happen in north west Wales ?

Comment

Working...
                    X