• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Boom (and gloom)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Boom (and gloom)

Was due to finish in a few weeks but have now been extended up until Christmas eve. The extra few weeks should give me more breathing space to start looking in Jan. On the other hand I was hoping to find a new role but the market seems dead, the current role is boring me half to death. Oh well can't complain with an extra few weeks of invoicing.

erm... ?
    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      Was due to finish in a few weeks but have now been extended up until Christmas eve. The extra few weeks should give me more breathing space to start looking in Jan. On the other hand I was hoping to find a new role but the market seems dead, the current role is boring me half to death. Oh well can't complain with an extra few weeks of invoicing.
      An extension is better than the bench no matter how boring.

Are you sure you are cut out to be a...... oh forgot who i was talking to there

<SMc in NLUK mode>

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

....I think?
        latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          An extension is better than the bench no matter how boring.

Are you sure you are cut out to be a...... oh forgot who i was talking to there

<SMc in NLUK mode>

Screen name is NorthWestPerm2Contr

I have been in transition for a few years and nearly arrived at the pedestal of dirty filthy contractor.

Comment

Screen name is NorthWestPerm2Contr

I have been in transition for a few years and nearly arrived at the pedestal of dirty filthy contractor.
            You have probably been doing it longer than me, I just don't whine as much

(today's whine in TPD not withstanding)

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You have probably been doing it longer than me, I just don't whine as much

(today's whine in TPD not withstanding)
              My transition is longer..... 4 years in Feb! wow that went quick

Comment

My transition is longer..... 4 years in Feb! wow that went quick
                My transition was quit permie on 25th February 2011, start contracting on 28th February 2011

Comment

My transition was quit permie on 25th February 2011, start contracting on 28th February 2011
                  I think permiedom left such a bad scar on my life that it has taken me several years of FREEEEEDDOOOOM to get over it.

Comment

What's your skill set? Market does seem to have gone quiet. The hardest thing I find is not to let the self doubt creep in. A quiet market is a quiet market and nothing else. Crap time of year to be looking mind.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X