• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract of the day

An otherwise interesting role
    Except it needs frontend skills in Apache - no wonder it commands such a premium.

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
    An otherwise interesting role
    Except it needs frontend skills in Apache - no wonder it commands such a premium.
    to an agent or someone none technical what they are asking for makes perfect sense

- Front end skills in Apache
    - Middleware knowledge with application server (weblogic ideal) (called from Apache)
    - Back end Oracle Database knowledge (called from application server)
    The fact that it reads like a specification from 2002 and things have moved on somewhat since would be a greater concern.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The apache front end is vi, Shirley?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

If they can't spell "principal" correctly, I worry about the accuracy of any job description.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Spelling appears optional these days.
          Well, according to Scooter, it takes too much effort

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            Well, according to scooter, it takes to much effort
            FTFY
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Its TEKsystems, so they'll need two references

Comment

Gooroo suggests CXF.

I have a 20 year old memory there was some other stuff.

I suspect this is a backwater special, home grown talent, everything done on a shoestring they left for a better job you get to clean up the mess.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X