• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another bank, another idiot Dev

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another bank, another idiot Dev

The Dev team at clientco are driving me nuts.

One of the guys is Australian and is really confused about roles and responsibilities.

Complete lack of rigour. Doesn't understand the implications of his trampling over the agreed requirements. The guy is always ignoring the spec and asking the business silly technical questions like if they'd like to 'run it on java' instead of C sharp? They haven't got a clue what he's talking about, nor do they care.

Typical Dev. Has a goatee and wears cardigans and slippers.

This is an industry joke.

Now I have to just ignore this guy and just deliver my specs regardless. The business has directly signed them off for me, so if he choses to ignore them by delivering crap designs then its no skin off my back. I'm not sure he's even working to a design, he just seems to be making it up as he goes along. It just seems to be one step forward and two steps back on this project.

These Devs are parasites feeding off the BAs. If it wasn't for us standing between them the customer would run a mile from these guys.

Only met a handful of good Devs in my life.

Devs - get out of town!

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

One of the guys is Australian and is really confused about roles and responsibilities.

Complete lack of rigour. Doesn't understand the implications of his trampling over the agreed requirements. The guy is always ignoring the spec and asking the business silly technical questions like if they'd like to 'run it on java' instead of C sharp? They haven't got a clue what he's talking about, nor do they care.

Now I have to just ignore this guy and just deliver my specs regardless. The business has directly signed them off for me, so if he choses to ignore them by delivering crap designs then its no skin off my back. I'm not sure he's even working to a design, he just seems to be making it up as he goes along. It just seems to be one step forward and two steps back on this project.

These Devs are parasites feeding off the BAs. If it wasn't for us standing between them the customer would run a mile from these guys.

Devs - get out of town!
      The PM will be making you both sit on the thinking step.

Comment

I recall one, couldnt distinguish between UAT and prod. that was a fun 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

Devs - get out of town!

Devs are the equivalent of football players in sport. They are the real talent and indispensable in software development. Do you think Google/Facebook had a bunch of BA's producing pages of useless specs that are out of date before they finish printing. Dev's don't want to do paperwork so refused and that created the BA role, probably the most boring job in the history of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            Devs are the equivalent of football players in sport. They are the real talent and indispensable in software development. Do you think Google/Facebook had a bunch of BA's producing pages of useless specs that are out of date before they finish printing. Dev's don't want to do paperwork so refused and that created the BA role, probably the most boring job in the history of the world.
            And how does that contribute to ripping the piss out of AussieLong?

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
              I recall one, couldnt distinguish between UAT and prod. that was a fun 6 months
              With a dev you might be able to get away with that (assuming the code isn't in constant use).

When your DBA shutsdown production for Sky because he can't remember which system is which, then it's a problem. This guy is now an agent
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                WHS.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                  Hmmmm. I quite like devs, but I wouldn't let many of them near the clinical teams I work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Missed his thread, so this is a parody thread?, Then my rant was in vain.

Comment

Working...
                    X