• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know the market is dead when.......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know the market is dead when.......

- Agents have so much time on their hands that they are in no rush to finish an fishing call even when you give them 1 word answers.
    - The good agents are busy spending their time chasing the few roles that there are rather than call you fishing for information.

- when you get no calls, except agents wanting to introduce themselves to you. All rather creepy, I find.

Comment

Had one just now call. Perfect contract, perfect location, rate ok, skillset ok. Also back to developing a little bit.

Just send you over the job spec now .......

Hour later still waiting.

Either a) They heard something they didn't like and fobbed me off.
      b) They were just seeing if I was in the market with a bogus job ad. Now they are frantically trying to sell me.

Either way it's all pretty pants. Why not just play it honest?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by masonryan View Post
        - when you get no calls, except agents wanting to introduce themselves to you. All rather creepy, I find.
        It's probably because they've heard about you and just want to find out whether you are real.

That, and they are all out to get you.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

[QUOTE=suityou01;1834330]b) They were just seeing if I was in the market with a bogus job ad. Now they are frantically trying to sell me.

Thanks for option b that explains the phone call I had with a notorious fishing agency who had an assignment at one of my old clients for which I was perfect. After discussing the role and my availability, he left it that he would send me his details so that I could send over a recent CV and then he disappears into thin air. No digging for references so I couldn't see what the point was. But of course it was option b, above.

Comment

[QUOTE=geoffreywhereveryoumaybe;1834439]
            Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            b) They were just seeing if I was in the market with a bogus job ad. Now they are frantically trying to sell me.

Thanks for option b that explains the phone call I had with a notorious fishing agency who had an assignment at one of my old clients for which I was perfect. After discussing the role and my availability, he left it that he would send me his details so that I could send over a recent CV and then he disappears into thin air. No digging for references so I couldn't see what the point was. But of course it was option b, above.
            Oh stop it, you're making me sound learned
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
            X