• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A letter to permie mid-level line managers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A letter to permie mid-level line managers

Dear Managerman,

The world doesn't need you. You offer nothing of value. More and more companies are realising they can do better without you; that's why the job centre's full of burnt out fat middle managers who'll never find a job again. I can test better, and developers can develop better, and we can work together more effectively without your 'business processes', your idiotic ' best practises', your simplistic views about departmental responsibilities, your dashboards, your overcomplicated document templates, your BS about 'internal customers' and your laughable contractor selection processes. Many of us are even capable of working with your salespeople and your customers to understand what your customers need, and then deliver it. Get out of the way, and stop pretending you're a 'senior manager'; you aren't, you're just another employee with no other role than to frustrate progress; anyway, the only real senior managers are the CEO or the owner.

That's all.

MTT
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Dear MTT,

Many thanks for your feedback. Your contract has been terminated immediately. Please leave the building.

That's all.

Managerman
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Nice attitude.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Dear MTT,

Many thanks for your feedback. Your contract has been terminated immediately. Please leave the building.

That's all.

Managerman

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Nice attitude.
          He couldn't hack it as a perm, they said he had funny dress sense and an 'attitude'. Nuff said.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            He couldn't hack it as a perm, they said he had funny dress sense and an 'attitude'. Nuff said.
            I have an attitude; some people have a problem.

Comment

You do know he's quite a big lad, don't you?
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                You do know he's quite a big lad, don't you?
                Problem with authority as far as I can see. Wouldn't surprise me if he'd been to a boarding school.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Dear Managerman,

The world doesn't need you. You offer nothing of value. More and more companies are realising they can do better without you; that's why the job centre's full of burnt out fat middle managers who'll never find a job again. I can test better, and developers can develop better, and we can work together more effectively without your 'business processes', your idiotic ' best practises', your simplistic views about departmental responsibilities, your dashboards, your overcomplicated document templates, your BS about 'internal customers' and your laughable contractor selection processes. Many of us are even capable of working with your salespeople and your customers to understand what your customers need, and then deliver it. Get out of the way, and stop pretending you're a 'senior manager'; you aren't, you're just another employee with no other role than to frustrate progress; anyway, the only real senior managers are the CEO or the owner.

That's all.

MTT
                  Thats the job description for a PM isn't it?
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Problem with authority as far as I can see. Wouldn't surprise me if he'd been to a boarding school.

You don't need authority if you gain the respect of the people you wish to influence.

Comment

Working...
                    X