• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to invert an artic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to invert an artic

And twice in one week, on the same stretch of road. Linky

Four people have been injured in a crash that closed the M25 in both directions between junctions 23 and 25.

The road was shut near Potters Bar, in Hertfordshire, after a lorry overturned across a central reservation.

Police said one man was in a critical condition and another was being treated for serious injuries.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

When I am elected PM, everyone who causes an accident of this type will have to give all the people who got held up a fiver. Each. From the bad driver's own pocket.

Was recently to see the Police saying of a smash on the A1 that caused hours of disruption "no-one was to blame" - yes they were, one or more person had driving standards so poor that they bumped into one or more other vehicles. Thankfully most of us manage a entire driving career without doing that so it's time to really start having a go at the small minority who are too reckless or incompetent to be driving - it would make the roads clearer and safer.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      When I am elected PM, everyone who causes an accident of this type will have to give all the people who got held up a fiver. Each. From the bad driver's own pocket.

Was recently to see the Police saying of a smash on the A1 that caused hours of disruption "no-one was to blame" - yes they were, one or more person had driving standards so poor that they bumped into one or more other vehicles. Thankfully most of us manage a entire driving career without doing that so it's time to really start having a go at the small minority who are too reckless or incompetent to be driving - it would make the roads clearer and safer.
      Not just bad driving though. What about dodgy MOTs?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Is an inverted artic an antartic?

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Chances are it wasn't the artic driver's fault, probably a bunch of hyper-impatient type A personality drivers desperately trying to nip in front of the lorry before it reached the queue onto a slip road.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Chances are it wasn't the artic driver's fault, probably a bunch of hyper-impatient type A BMW personality-bypass gitfaced alpha toss-faced drivers desperately trying to nip in front of the lorry before it reached the queue onto a slip road.
            Almost certainly - and that's why I was careful not to apportion blame. Given the widespread availability of inexpensive dashcams, it's not going to be long before it's much easier to figure this stuff out.

Comment

....n "no-one was to blame" - yes they were, one or more person had driving standards so poor that they bumped into one or more other vehicles...
              Or they could simply have lost control of the car due to mechanical failure, a tyre blow-out... unless you want to charge a fiver to the mechanics who last serviced the car, or the tyre manufacturer.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I once saw a car transporter lying on its side on the M1. It was at right angles to the carriageway, with the cab by the central reservation and the back end on the hard shoulder. The weirdest aspect of it was that the top of the trailer was facing north, but the roof of the cab was facing south

Comment

That artic is on it's side, not inverted. Just saying like.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Or they could simply have lost control of the car due to mechanical failure, a tyre blow-out... unless you want to charge a fiver to the mechanics who last serviced the car, or the tyre manufacturer.
                    But they hadn't in that case. Mech failures are exempt, but HGV breakdowns which quite often cause vast tailbacks ought to subject to some further investigation.

Comment

Working...
                    X