• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agree draft contract before interview!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree draft contract before interview!

Now this is a new one. Got an agency who want me to agree to a draft contract before they submit my CV.

Normally, I'm happy to reply to emails where they want me to confirm representation but this is a bit much. I can't confirm agreement until I've met the client, agreed on the role, had contract reviewed surely?

Anyone else had this? Thinking of best way to approach my reply - How would I stand legally if I agreed to a draft agreement in principle?

BTW - just realised its a Bob agency and Bob client (albeit in the UK).
    Last edited by psychocandy; 2 November 2013, 10:59.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

I wouldn't bother taking a second phone call from them, I'm surprised that you're even bothering to formulate a reply.

They just want you you on the hook for any potential contract they may pick up.

Bare-faced cheek..
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      I wouldn't bother taking a second phone call from them, I'm surprised that you're even bothering to formulate a reply.

They just want you you on the hook for any potential contract they may pick up.

Bare-faced cheek..
      But in PC's situation is that such a bad thing? It's another iron in the fire if nothing else. It is cheeky but if they do pick a gig up PC will be in line for it. Better than telling them to sod off and 100% chance of not getting a gig?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

True enough nluk. Lol. I emailed them back and said ok in principle but not agreement.

They said ok no bother well sort at offer stage.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X