• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Childrens Trust Fund

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Childrens Trust Fund

Can anyone recommend a good one please?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

We use this http://www.fandc.com/PrivateInvestor...le=UK&pageId=3 for our childs investment.

Comment

They are all pretty much the same. Most use the FTSE 100 I think and just follow the index.

Unless you want a ethical or sharia one just go to your bank and sign up. Children's Mutual has a variety of them if you are curious.

We're with engage.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I ran one for each of my kids and they performed crap, even after the tax relief angle.

Comment

Just bung it in one of the cash (not shares) versions - Nationwide pay ~6%. At the amounts you're talking about, it's not worth the hassle. Interestingly, did you know that about a third of the vouchers (250 quid each) have not been cashed - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4620154.stm ?

Seems like a lot people have more money than sense.

Comment

But if you don't invest it, the revenue pick a share linked one for you and invest it anyway. Revenue in proactive investing shocka!!

Comment

Children's
              We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Also when the child turns 7 the goverment will top up you balance with an undisclosed amount, im hoping 200% of balance.

Comment

Squaregain/selftrade do a self-select shares CTF, so you get to manage the thing yourself. Bung in the max £1200 extra a year and you should build up a sizable fund in 18 years' time.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian
                    Squaregain/selftrade do a self-select shares CTF, so you get to manage the thing yourself. Bung in the max £1200 extra a year and you should build up a sizable fund in 18 years' time.
                    Enough to pay off his/hers credit card debts, fines, and pay for rehab and counselling.

Comment

Working...
                    X