• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon Brown's ID scheme rescue plan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon Brown's ID scheme rescue plan

Oh sheeeeitttt

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08..._id_expansion/

That's it - i'm out of this fecked up country.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Something to hide Bogeyman?

I think it's great. Barcode tatooed on the forehead, RFID chip under the skin and biometric chip'n'pin card in your pocket.

The government will know your every darkest secret.

I like the idea of charging £1 everytime you use it, £500 if you lose it and death penalty if you hack it.

Comment

Easy way to defeat all this. Hire some fuzzy-wuzzies to hang about in soho bars frequented by BBC hacks, and have them talk loudly about how it is an affront to muslims.

Quick-as-yer-like, it will be branded racist - and it might offend illegal immigrants, and, after a period of consultation (with 'community leaders'), it will be abandoned.

Personally, I also think the campaign for racial equality should ensure that there is a quota system for 'community leaders'. I find it racist that asian or black 'communities' are not represented by white people with equal talent.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

ID cards should help facilitate speed dating.

Comment

You mean your semen sample on your crusty ID card, pinned to your pullover will, automatically attract ovulating females that are approved by new labour???

John Reid will sort that out. After a period of consultation.
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

In "V for Vendetta" there was a memorable quote, which originated elsewhere (if you can be bothered, you can find the originator), which said...

"The People should not be afraid of their Government. The Government should be afraid of their people."

I can't help thinking, that the latter sentence is probably what is causing all the civil liberties erosion, induced mass hysteria of the current in vogue "muslim bogeyman" to cower the masses, and the relentless destabilisation and banditry of the fruits that people have worked hard to enjoy in order to keep them in a state of nervous fear.

Blast...was going to add more, but there's a knock on the door and a strange black van parked outsite......brb
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I got something to hide.....LIKE MY PRIVACY !!!!

And anyway, did GB become PM whilst I was asleep last night or something ?
              Shouldn't he be cracking on with the job or ripping off middle england rather than pretending to play Prime Minister ! The scottish MP's are paying us back for Braveheart !

Comment

Working...
              X