• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SY01 Hound

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SY01 Hound

While I was doing tip runs on the weekend after I returned from my first trip my wife as there to greet me. She said she knew I was coming back 5 minutes before I got there as the dog got up and trotted to the front door and sat there with her tail wagging.

As it's a 5 minute drive from the tip to my house this would mean she knew I was on my way back the moment I left the tip.

How do dogs do this kind of thing?

And why can't she pick me out 6 winning numbers?

Fookin spooky, like.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    While I was doing tip runs on the weekend after I returned from my first trip my wife as there to greet me. She said she knew I was coming back 5 minutes before I got there as the dog got up and trotted to the front door and sat there with her tail wagging.

As it's a 5 minute drive from the tip to my house this would mean she knew I was on my way back the moment I left the tip.

How do dogs do this kind of thing?

And why can't she pick me out 6 winning numbers?

Fookin spooky, like.
    So basically it's a 15 minute round trip. She waits ten minutes and then gets excited 5 minutes early.

******* clever those dogs.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      So basically it's a 15 minute round trip. She waits ten minutes and then gets excited 5 minutes early.

Well yes. Factor this in smart arse. The compactor at the tip was broken, so all and sundry had to use the big containers which means climbing a big flight of metal stairs. Folks getting in other folks way, dropping things. The queues were horrendous and the whole thing took far longer than usual.

Explain that hemorrhoid boy.

Comment

Explain that hemorrhoid boy.
        Dogs have an excellent sense of smell. When you turn around to come back your arse is pointing the other way and she can detect this.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Dogs have an excellent sense of smell. When you turn around to come back your arse is pointing the other way and she can detect this.
          So she detected this from 2 miles away, upwind on a blowy day?

Comment

Like I said, very sensitive noses.

Comment

we have been trying to tell you turning your Y fronts inside out all week is a bad thing
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Or Suity drives an old banger, and the dog can hear it backfiring as he starts back from the tip
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Like I said, very sensitive noses.
                  Not that sensitive actually

Comment

The dog probably heard someone at the tip yelling at you for being a pillock.

Comment

Working...
                    X