• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best business savings account - HIGH RATE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best business savings account - HIGH RATE

Right. What is the highest rate available on a business savings account? I'm with A&L who offer a reasonable rate, but their service and how I've been dealt with has driven me to despair. They lost my application despite having registered it as received and things have got worse since then.

Who's getting the best rate on their business savings account then? Don't be shy now!

You lazy sod.

How much capital?
    How much notice (for withdrawals) can you live with?

http://www.moneyfacts.co.uk/business...nvestment.aspx

Comment

A bit of hassle getting back at your money though

Taking money out - With Business Reserve you have no-notice, charge-free access to your money. To take your money out (£1,000 minimum), complete a transaction slip and send it to us in the reply paid envelope provided.

Not a show stopper but it is far easier to throw money in than reclaiming it. Good IR though

Comment

Hi Dim,

You're right, I am a lazy m*(*&^%r.

Thanks for the tables though, it looks like I'm getting a sh*t rate plus rubbish service.

Cheers old chap.

Comment

If you're a limited company, you can join the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB).

You can then get permanently free banking from Co-Op. Also the FSB have a deal with a private bank to offer the FSB Diamond account which is a base rate tracker. It pays base rate minus 0.5% for deposits of over £2.5k and with seven days notice. You know it will be a good interest rate permanently then - unlike most banks, who lower the rates when no-ones looking !

There are lots of other benefits of membership too.

See : http://www.fsb.org.uk/data/default.a...FDefault%2Easp
          It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Working...
          X