• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Estate agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estate agents

Just took a call from an agent suggesting that the vendors/agents won't be accepting the highest bid (already above the asking price), but openly suggesting a race where the quickest to completion wins. After "inviting" an even higher bid. If I think this breaches reasonable boundaries - I may feel free to miss out.

Ignore the ethics of the agent for now. Is there any way the buyer can be incentified?
    Last edited by mickey; 4 November 2013, 22:41. Reason: Clarified the position

Are you buying or selling?

Comment

Originally posted by mickey View Post
      Just took a call from an agent suggesting that they won't be accepting the highest bid (already above the asking price), but openly suggesting a race where the quickest to completion wins. After "inviting" an even higher bid. If I think this breaches reasonable boundaries - I may feel free to miss out.

Ignore the ethics of the agent for now. Is there any way the buyer can be incentified?
      Assuming you don't intent to put the frighteners on the vendor, I suggest you offer whatever you need to and then gazunder an hour before exchanging contracts.

Comment

Tell them to **** right off.

Comment

Is it late and I am tired or does that post make no sense at all?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Well, he clealy had not checked it with his accountant...

Comment

Oh mickey, it's a shame, you don't get it.

A property pulls at your emotions, when you first grab at it.
              mickey, you can be noble, but you have to comprehend, it's people like you, mickey, and how you act, mickey, that can hurt feelings.

Take the bull by the horns. Who's going to find out? Each time you try to relocate, vendors allow a little more to appear, and that's something you can act on. Don't refuse, mickey.

Just go and give it to them however you're able.
              Whichever way you're able to, they'll take it strongly. I implore you, don't let it lie, mickey.

Oh mickey, it's a shame, you don't get it... (chorus)

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                Oh mickey, it's a shame, you don't get it.

A property pulls at your emotions, when you first grab at it.
                mickey, you can be noble, but you have to comprehend, it's people like you, mickey, and how you act, mickey, that can hurt feelings.

Take the bull by the horns. Who's going to find out? Each time you try to relocate, vendors allow a little more to appear, and that's something you can act on. Don't refuse, mickey.

Just go and give it to them however you're able.
                Whichever way you're able to, they'll take it strongly. I implore you, don't let it lie, mickey.

Oh mickey, it's a shame, you don't get it... (chorus)
                What on earth are you going on about?

Comment

Just took a call from an agent suggesting that they won't be accepting the highest bid (already above the asking price), but openly suggesting a race where the quickest to completion wins. After "inviting" an even higher bid. If I think this breaches reasonable boundaries - I may feel free to miss out.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  What on earth are you going on about?
                  WTS

Comment

Just took a call from an agent ....
                    At 9:52pm?
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                    X