• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recent immigrants to UK 'make net contribution'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent immigrants to UK 'make net contribution'

immigrants were less likely to claim benefits and live in social housing than people born in Britain.
    BBC News - Recent immigrants to UK 'make net contribution'

I bet some even read the Daily Mail
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

My initial reaction when reading that was the "3% less likely to have social housing" and thinking they should not have social housing at all or in very limited numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      My initial reaction when reading that was the "3% less likely to have social housing" and thinking they should not have social housing at all or in very limited numbers.
      You get social housing if you have kids AND fit into some other category.

In the UK we have a legal obligation to house kids. The current thinking is that it's better for kids to live with their parent(s) even if the adults concerned are useless ****wits.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You get social housing if you have kids AND fit into some other category.

In the UK we have a legal obligation to house kids. The current thinking is that it's better for kids to live with their parent(s) even if the adults concerned are useless ****wits.

I don't care what set of rules and guidelines they have to justify their mismanagement of this issue, there are 400,000 social houses in this country that are taken by immigrants and that is unacceptable. The number of migrants in social housing is not that far below the waiting list number, 2 problems 1 fix.

If an immigrant wants a house It should be "sorry the UK has not worked out for you, there is a travel agent 2 doors down where you can book your return journey, thank you"

Comment

I don't care what set of rules and guidelines they have to justify their mismanagement of this issue, there are 400,000 social houses in this country that are taken by immigrants and that is unacceptable. The number of migrants in social housing is not that far below the waiting list number, 2 problems 1 fix.

If an immigrant wants a house It should be "sorry the UK has not worked out for you, there is a travel agent 2 doors down where you can book your return journey, thank you"
          Social housing doesn't mean benefits, there are plenty of people who pay their own rent on council or housing association properties

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Social housing doesn't mean benefits, there are plenty of people who pay their own rent on council or housing association properties

Well it does mean benefits as the rents are so ridiculously low.

Comment

Well it does mean benefits as the rents are so ridiculously low.
              A lot of migrants come in and take the low paid / unskilled jobs that the natives find too demeaning to do themselves, as they are low earners they are entitled to tax credits and housing assistance, are you saying the same natives who sit on their arse watching Jeremy Kyle are more deserving for the social housing?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                are you saying the same natives who sit on their arse watching Jeremy Kyle are more deserving for the social housing?
                Yes. It keeps them out of the smarter places.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Unfortunately it's a case of "think of the children". You can't just kick children out of the country as we signed up to various UN conventions.

Plus migration is never straight forward - there are those migrants who are married to British citizens, those who came here as children, and those who are OAPs and have lived here since they were 20, included in most UK migration figures.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Yes. It keeps them out of the smarter places.
                    From the guy who is an immigrant himself

Comment

Working...
                    X