• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Ashes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ashes

Good start to the tour, wondering whether Carberry has secured an opening spot for the tests.

BBC Sport - Ashes 2013-14: Michael Carberry & Alastair Cook hit unbeaten tons
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

The build up is beginning nicely

Botham predicts Ashes whitewash
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Good start to the tour, wondering whether Carberry has secured an opening spot for the tests.

Carberry in for Bairstow and drop Root back down the order? Would mean that the summer experiment of opening with Root is a failure (which the Aussies will keep harping on about this winter if that happens), and it's not much long-term planning picking a 33 year old for his second test.

I'd rather see Root opening and making a success of it and Ballance in the middle order - partially because that would leave Pietersen as the only non-verb batsman in the top 6
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        The build up is beginning nicely

Botham predicts Ashes whitewash
        For this series I shall be instituting the Douglas Jardine Memorial Award for Aussie-baiting; Beefy's obviously put in an early entry.

Comment

Actually the tour started last week in Perth. Our bowlers went all round the park. Then when we batted Trott and Bell got hundreds, thereafter we collapsed and lost the last 7 wickets for 57 runs.

I tried to erase it from my memory too.

Comment

Always a possibility, he got a few in Perth too. Age doesn't come into it, we're playing this series now, not in five years time.

Root played well at 5 and 6 for England, but not as an opener, so perhaps go back to the method that works. Strange because Root opens for Yorkshire.

We'll have to see, Root would be competing with Bairstow, Ballance and Stokes for that number 6 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Always a possibility, he got a few in Perth too. Age doesn't come into it, we're playing this series now, not in five years time.

Root played well at 5 and 6 for England, but not as an opener, so perhaps go back to the method that works. Strange because Root opens for Yorkshire.

We'll have to see, Root would be competing with Bairstow, Ballance and Stokes for that number 6 spot.
              If they are going to drop Root down the order, then there's no competition - they won't bring in Ballance or Stokes for a proven test centurion, and Bairstow is nowhere near test class.

Carberry is competing with Bairstow, Ballance and Stokes for the batting spot - and he seems to be ahead of the others.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Australia will win this, said that in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Just keep repeating it every Ashes year and someday it'll come true.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                    X