• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to debug a crap boss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to debug a crap boss

I explain how to deal with managers like me in The Register
    My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
    I explain how to deal with managers like me in The Register
    You did it again, you upset the Bra burners. You should have made 80% of the examples female.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Very good on the whole, although it seemed a trifle over-elaborate in places
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        You did it again, you upset the Bra burners. You should have made 80% of the examples female.
        Are you suggesting that 80% of crap bosses are female?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Read the first 6 paragraphs and have had about as much of the patronising drivel as I can stand, this side of dinner anyways.

Will see if some shepherds pie will give me the strength to continue on.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Nope, sorry. Too heavy for me. Is there a cardboard version with lift up flaps.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Are you suggesting that 80% of crap bosses are female?
              no actually not, had some good female colleagues who are managers. They tend to be more in touch emotionally with their staff.
              Last edited by vetran; 6 November 2013, 19:19. Reason: Edited so we don't over excite SueEllen
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                no actually not, had some good female colleagues who are managers. They tend to be more in touch with their staff.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Don't worry Sue he doesn't mean the lezzie ones.

Comment

Well for start Simon Travaglia will be spinning in his server room that you appropriated the BOFH tag for this.

None of the behaviours you describe are related to working in IT in anyway. Bad bosses are bad bosses full stop, regardless of the business you are in. All you did was give some new names to the archetypes that have been doing the rounds for years and chuck in a few tech references to sell it as relevant for The Reg.

Mines the one with the modified up cattle prod in the pocket, and a role of carpet and shovel in the boot.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X