• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business credit cards for personal use

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business credit cards for personal use

I'm not sure how to apply for personal credit card as contractor as you normally need to state a salary before income tax, but as contractor we will pay less tax. This may construe as me having less salary i.e. at 40k net salary contractor vs approx 63k permanent employee.

Therefore, I thought about applying for a business credit card that will give me decent 0% balance transfer and a larger credit limit. I don't attend to pay the balance with my business account but my personal account.

Is this illegal and/or fraudulent? Any advice on obtaining credit cards as a contractor?

Originally posted by Im thus View Post
    as contractor we will pay less tax.
    What made you think that?

Any advice on obtaining credit cards as a contractor?

Comment

Does the application for a personal card ask for salary, or income? If the latter, that includes income from dividends, etc.

Comment

I doubt you'd have an issue applying for a card on 40K

Comment

Why not just go to the bank that holds your personal account, they will know how much money goes though your account and will give a card without usually needing to fill out any forms
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I thought about applying for a business credit card that will give me decent 0% balance transfer and a larger credit limit
            What a fscking stupid sockie thread.

IIRC business "credit cards" are charge cards which don't have 0% balance transfer etc.

Comment

Is this illegal and/or fraudulent? Any advice on obtaining credit cards as a contractor?
              Yeah don't be such a ****wit - a business credit card is paid from your company bank account not your personal bank account.

Apply for a personal credit card and put your income on it.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                IIRC business "credit cards" are charge cards which don't have 0% balance transfer etc.
                Charge card is not the same as credit card...

But it's not common for business cards to have 0% balance transfer, if they did then MF would have been getting them by the hundreds...

Comment

I'm not sure how to apply for personal credit card as contractor as you normally need to state a salary before income tax, but as contractor we will pay less tax. This may construe as me having less salary i.e. at 40k net salary contractor vs approx 63k permanent employee.
                  Just state your company's annual turnover and add 20% VAT to it.

How much credit do you want though? Almost anyone earning a reasonable income should be able to get a few grand and surely that's enough? Anyway, why do you even want credit - don't you have a war chest?
                  Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Charge card is not the same as credit card...
                    When my first MyCo first applied there were no business credit cards. Full balance had to be paid off each month.

Now I see that business credit cards do exist. And I also see that Barclaycard have one with 0% balance transfer.

So, I stand corrected

Comment

Working...
                    X