• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nothingness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothingness

It's no secret I have nothing but utter contempt for the piss weak project management on my current gig. I book meetings, the PM doesn't turn up. He doesn't turn up to his own meetings FFS.

But in all seriousness, having tried absolutely everything to move things forward, I am not able. I know folks turn up to work, rush around trying to look important, talk utter bollocks, run around with clipboards trying to look important.

I'm not kidding. Nothing moves forward. No one cares. General apathy. Utter dross hole. Hate it. Hate them.

So I'm looking for gigs, have interviews lined up. All good. I just wondered, in all seriousness are there any of the panel who have suffered such utter ballbaggery and just sat there slowly composting sound in the knowledge that you can just take the money at the end of the month? I just can't. Boredom is like a smothering choking enveloping depressing cloud. Drag my arse in there every day, with a heavy heart.

How are organisations so rotten, so cancerous to the core that they can get away with doing this? Disgusts me.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    It's no secret I have nothing but utter contempt for the piss weak project management on my current gig. I book meetings, the PM doesn't turn up. He doesn't turn up to his own meetings FFS.

But in all seriousness, having tried absolutely everything to move things forward, I am not able. I know folks turn up to work, rush around trying to look important, talk utter bollocks, run around with clipboards trying to look important.

I'm not kidding. Nothing moves forward. No one cares. General apathy. Utter dross hole. Hate it. Hate them.

So I'm looking for gigs, have interviews lined up. All good. I just wondered, in all seriousness are there any of the panel who have suffered such utter ballbaggery and just sat there slowly composting sound in the knowledge that you can just take the money at the end of the month? I just can't. Boredom is like a smothering choking enveloping depressing cloud. Drag my arse in there every day, with a heavy heart.

How are organisations so rotten, so cancerous to the core that they can get away with doing this? Disgusts me.
    Have you though about a career move?

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      Have you though about a career move?
      Youre going to suggest becoming a fluffer, aren't you?

Comment

Sounds like a good client...if they were good at what they did they wouldn't need us!

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
          Sounds like a good client...if they were good at what they did they wouldn't need us!
          This is my point though. What kind of place do you just not turn up for meetings? Consistently. And get away with it.

Bad manners, unprofessional, just down right rude. It beggars belief how people turn up to work, do fook all and then expect a wage. Theft is what it is.

Comment

How do you think we feel reading this tripe!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              How do you think we feel reading this tripe!
              Mate, not tonight. This is by no means any worse tripe than anyone elses tripe.

Comment

My theory is that we will never get the dream client, as contractors are usually brought in when permies have caused a cluster****, so aim low and if you do get a good contract savior it.

All you can do is focus on your own responsibilities, if you are being paid to baby sit the PM baby sit them, if not feed them enough rope so they hang themselves and a new guy is brought in, as long as you deliverable are tulip hot and the invoices are paid keep calm and carry on

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You cant fight it. The rot is so deep and ingrained in the culture of the company and those who have secured control of the management levers are complicit and part of that rot. They will maintain the status quo by whatever means, by removing any dissident who opposes them (your whining ass included), until the company faces the certain financial doom that awaits.

Happy days

HTH

Comment

Mate, not tonight. This is by no means any worse tripe than anyone elses tripe.

Comment

Working...
                    X