• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Duplicate threads

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate threads

Pool rage (the original)
    Google Adverts WTF
    Where's my cheque

Wot's going on?

Duplicate threads

Pool rage (the original)
    Google Adverts WTF
    Where's my cheque

Wot's going on?

Comment

NAT's up early!

Morning

Comment

<deleted>
        Last edited by Bwana; 2 June 2022, 19:02.
        Bwana

Comment

I think there was some error/issue/slowness - three posters had created duplicate threads - don't think it was a joke. Mine of course was a poor attempt at humour!

Parody threads FTW.

Comment

<deleted>
            Last edited by Bwana; 2 June 2022, 18:57.
            Bwana

Comment

Originally posted by Bwana View Post
              Parody threads FOR FOOLS!

I hate that glib "FTW" thing that people have taken to repeating nowadays. Something quite lame about it but I can't quite verbalise what. No offence though, as on whole I like your posts.
              None taken. <sniff>

Comment

<deleted>
                Last edited by Bwana; 2 June 2022, 18:57.
                Bwana

Comment

Originally posted by Bwana View Post
                  Have to admit I find these duplicate threads quite irritating and tiresome, and in my opinion they detract from the forum generally. They simply push the interesting threads off the main page making it less likely that people will see them.

The same goes for the parody threads, which were funny about five years ago when someone first did it.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great forum and I do like a little silly humour now and then, but filling the first page of General full of crap thread titles is taking it too far. Kind of like smearing dogtulip all over an expensive painting. Not good!
                  Maybe it's a symptom of the way these developers and managers work.

Copy and pasting code to give impression of productivity by programmers.

Copy and pasting project documents to give impression of deep thought and work being done.

I mean, pretty much all your/our work is just a few core activities repeated ad infinitum.

(sorry)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Pool rage (the original)
                    Google Adverts WTF
                    Where's my cheque

Wot's going on?
                    It’s duplicate thread day in aide of twins. TEXT £10.00 to Paddy
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X