• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Laws ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Laws ...

If I was the PM I would pass a law that no one from outside England should represent England as a member of parliament. Like Gorden (scottish) Brown, why doesn't he feck off back to where he came from and feck up Scotland !

Of course, if it was the other way round, the Government would have already passed a law and taxed it by now!

Originally posted by Andyw
    If I was the PM I would pass a law that no one from outside England should represent England as a member of parliament. Like Gorden (scottish) Brown, why doesn't he feck off back to where he came from and feck up Scotland !

Of course, if it was the other way round, the Government would have already passed a law and taxed it by now!
    English MPs have ruled Scotland for three centuries, so just shut up and take it!

Comment

Originally posted by expat
      English MPs have ruled Scotland for three centuries, so just shut up and take it!

Thats because they're feeble and need ruling !

Comment

Originally posted by expat
        I think you will both find it has been British MPs ruling Britain. It is now Scottish parliament ruling Scotland and British (including Scots) MPs ruling England.

I dont care what nationality any particular MP is, only that s/he represents the people for whom they hold a seat.
        I do object to the Scots MPs voting on issues that will not touch Scotland.

I hate devolution, it weakens us all.
        I dont want an English Parliament and a British Parliament. We have enough layers of legislature and associated costs as it is.

Either cut Scotland free or integrate it fully, but not this half arsed pretence.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I think the current plan is to cut Scotland free when the last drop of North Sea oil has run out.

Comment

Could we build some sort of wall to keep the Scots out?
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

with barbed wire on top and 50000 volts runing through it !

Comment

I suggest re-building Offa's Dyke as well to keep the Welsh out , and a fence to keep the Cornish chez eux. People could go down and watch them starve....
                Last edited by Fleetwood; 9 August 2006, 11:15.
                We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
                  I suggest re-building Offa's Dyke as well to keep the Welsh out , and a fence to keep the Cornish chez eux. People could down and watch them starve....
                  Point of order Mr chairman:
                  There is no such thing as the Welsh, or Wales for that matter. It became part of England in 1542 (I think) when the Welsh chap Henry VIII decided to.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

a) I dispute that statement
                    b) It's "point of information"
                    c) You've haven't finished the sentence.
                    We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Working...
                    X