• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bench time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bench time

Well it's been just over a month since contract end.

Yesterday I potted my mincemeat. I might make some more as it only came to three jars and I want a couple of jars as presents.

This morning I did my exercise and followed it by having a lovely walk in the sunshine to my local suburb where I had a great sausage sandwich (no sauce) and picked up a lovely shoulder of lamb for Mr C's tea tonight.

I might work on some templates this afternoon (something I never seem to get around but will be useful in the future). Or I might just watch the next DVD of the Game of Thrones.

There are a couple of interviews next week that might come to something. Or they might not.

Sometimes it's just good enough to enjoy the moment and not worry what might or might not happen in the future.

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Yesterday I potted my mincemeat. I might make some more as it only came to three jars and I want a couple of jars as presents.

This morning I did my exercise and followed it by having a lovely walk in the sunshine to my local suburb where I had a great sausage sandwich (no sauce) and picked up a lovely shoulder of lamb for Mr C's tea tonight.

I might work on some templates this afternoon (something I never seem to get around but will be useful in the future). Or I might just watch the next DVD of the Game of Thrones.

There are a couple of interviews next week that might come to something. Or they might not.

Sometimes it's just good enough to enjoy the moment and not worry what might or might not happen in the future.

I thought they wanted you back at your old place?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Nice! Enjoy the downtime whilst you have it
      Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I thought they wanted you back at your old place?
        They did. I didn't.

And I realised that I'm not desperate enough to go back.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

They did. I didn't.

And I realised that I'm not desperate enough to go back.
          That's it. You've missed your chance. You'll never work again.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            That's it. You've missed your chance. You'll never work in Bradford again.
            FTFY and would think that actually deserves a banana
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

MODS!!! Can we move these rambling posts to LR pleaes...

Oh.. Hang on..

Comment

Yesterday I potted my mincemeat.
                Is that a euphemism?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

<mudskipper mode>
                  Surely you mean bottled as it's going into glass jars.....
                  </mudskipper mode>

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    <mudskipper mode>
                    Surely you mean bottled as it's going into glass jars.....
                    </mudskipper mode>

It appears not...

Ten steps to jam-making - from Delia Online

10 If things go wrong: if the jam hasn’t set after cooling and potting, tip it all back into the pan and boil again, adding the juice of a small lemon; if mould develops on the surface of jam in a jar, remove it with a spoon, along with about half an inch (1 cm) of the jam underneath – rest assured, the rest of the jam will not be affected – and place a waxed disc dipped in brandy on top.

Comment

Working...
                    X