• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best agency contact ever?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best agency contact ever?

Hi pmeswani,

I hope you’re well.

I’m getting in touch as I wondered if you could recommend anybodyto me for a contract IT/Information Security Analyst role at an InvestmentManagement clients of ours. The contract is for an initial 6 months, andis paying up to £400 per day.

The requirement for the role is for someone with a combinedexperience of both Information and IT Security. A solid knowledge ofAntivirus, Firewalls, ISO27001, Remote Access etc. is essential, as is a backgroundin financial services.

If you know anybody who might be suitable, I’d be very grateful ifyou could pass my details onto them.

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing back.

<Enter agent name here>

Resourcer

I'm on the bench and would have applied for this role, and the impression I get from this numpty agent is that they don't want to consider me for the role. The cheek of it!
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

This one time

A agency placed me on a job in Norway, paid for the prime apartment, included daily allowance, complete with a killer rate.

I never knew I had it so good until the contract came to and end.

Lesson learned, don't stop until you've had enough.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
      [/SIZE][/FONT]

I'm on the bench and would have applied for this role, and the impression I get from this numpty agent is that they don't want to consider me for the role. The cheek of it!
      Nominate your twin brother, you know, the one who shares your email address and NI number

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Nominate your twin brother, you know, the one who shares your email address and NI number
        I already replied asking if she had already eliminated me from all consideration. I don't nominate myself in the 3rd person.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

When I was on the bench, I had an agent ring me to ask for the mobile number of a guy I know. He'd found him on LinkedIn because he'd been on a training course that I run and had mentioned my name on his profile.

No question of whether I was interested in the role, just could I pass on his mobile number
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
          X