• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stamping your authority on subordinates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stamping your authority on subordinates

Got an ex contractor who couldn't cut it and came permie, given a stretching project to try and see if he's as good as he says (which he's not) but nothing that should trouble him, doesn't play well with others and doesn't seem to know the chain of command, what I say goes as he may think he is the big I am, but I KNOW I am the big I am in the place.

How do I get through to the socially awkward ex contractor?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

How about going up to him and saying. "Hi MarrillionFan."

And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Got an ex contractor who couldn't cut it and came permie, given a stretching project to try and see if he's as good as he says (which he's not) but nothing that should trouble him, doesn't play well with others and doesn't seem to know the chain of command, what I say goes as he may think he is the big I am, but I KNOW I am the big I am in the place.

Tell him to give you a blow job and then tell him it was rubbish and he's fired.

Comment

Do it like MF does it on Discovery channel.

Comment

I am thinking of getting him this to wear:

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I am thinking of getting him this to wear:

In a previous contract, my colleagues commissioned me a badge saying 'Tea Bitch', as I used to do the tea run to the (free) tea and coffee machine two floors down. But as I was being paid £15 for the time it took to do a run, I wore it with pride.

Comment

Really? You, YOU are attempting to have some fun at my expense. A little back room office boy on £15 per hour.

You'll amount to nothing in life son, nothing.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Really? You, YOU are attempting to have some fun at my expense. A little back room office boy on £15 per hour.

You'll amount to nothing in life son, nothing.
                Aim low and avoid disappointment

(c) Mrs MarllionFan 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  In a previous contract, my colleagues commissioned me a badge saying 'Tea Bitch', as I used to do the tea run to the (free) tea and coffee machine two floors down. But as I was being paid £15 for the time it took to do a run, I wore it with pride.
                  I think Tea Bitch implies direction and control, so you'll be screwed come the IR35 investigation.

Or did you have the right of substitution, so you could get them coffee instead at your discretion?

Comment

Aim low and avoid disappointment

(c) Mrs MarllionFan 2013
                    So how are MF's sloppy seconds? Sounds a bit too gamey for my tastes.

Comment

Working...
                    X