• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job role in Burma

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job role in Burma

Just received in my Inbox via an agent who's obviously used LinkedIn a job spec for a two year fixed contract, tax free and with full flights / schooling etc in Burma.

I have some experience in that part of the world(Northern Thailand / Mynamar border, once crossed over illegally for a look around) and i am tempted to apply, but do any posters have any experience in living / working in Mynamar.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Bit more research, it's a Qatari company. So anyone have experience of working for Arabs in Asia?

Comment

"The deploy has failed for the last time!"

Comment

Ooredoo?

Comment

Doesn't sound like they're very popular.

Ooredoo's Myanmar telco deal sparks outrage - Technology - ArabianBusiness.com

Mind you, you're used to being unpopular.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Doesn't sound like they're very popular.

Ooredoo's Myanmar telco deal sparks outrage - Technology - ArabianBusiness.com

Mind you, you're used to being unpopular.
            That's them. Nice heady mix of religons going on in this one.

Comment

What's the rate?

..as in is it as good as your UK rate?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Just received in my Inbox via an agent who's obviously used LinkedIn a job spec for a two year fixed contract, tax free and with full flights / schooling etc in Burma.

I have some experience in that part of the world(Northern Thailand / Mynamar border, once crossed over illegally for a look around) and i am tempted to apply, but do any posters have any experience in living / working in Mynamar.
                I knew somebody who worked on a railway bridge. The working conditions were undesirable.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  What's the rate?

..as in is it as good as your UK rate?
                  It has to be better than MF's rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    I knew somebody who worked on a railway bridge. The working conditions were undesirable.
                    Was he shackled to MF?

Comment

Working...
                    X