• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Turbo trainers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo trainers

Anyone got one? Do you use it? How much was it?

I'm looking at one for sub £100, magnetic variable resistance.

Obviously need to move my cycle computer to the rear wheel.

It's partly as I'm getting older so cycling in the bitter cold doesn't hold much interest, but the ability to train at home, do HIIT and pack it all away again is of interest.

Apparently they're not just for fair weather cyclists, but also good for training programmes in any season.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Anyone got one? Do you use it? How much was it?

I'm looking at one for sub £100, magnetic variable resistance.

Obviously need to move my cycle computer to the rear wheel.

It's partly as I'm getting older so cycling in the bitter cold doesn't hold much interest, but the ability to train at home, do HIIT and pack it all away again is of interest.

Apparently they're not just for fair weather cyclists, but also good for training programmes in any season.
    Haven't got one, but know the bike I bought didn't fit the shop one in Evans - so check whatever you get will fit your bike before you part with your hard earned.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Haven't got one, but know the bike I bought didn't fit the shop one in Evans - so check whatever you get will fit your bike before you part with your hard earned.
      I thought that, and thanks for your input.

If it says it fits a 700c, why would it then not fit? Was it a matter of it just not fitting your wheel? Did you match sizes first?

Comment

I thought that, and thanks for your input.

If it says it fits a 700c, why would it then not fit? Was it a matter of it just not fitting your wheel? Did you match sizes first?
        It wasn't the wheel size - it was the axle bit that goes through the middle - it was too big for the trainer.

Comment

It wasn't the wheel size - it was the axle bit that goes through the middle - it was too big for the trainer.
          Do you mean the axle or the quick release skewer?

I guess there are two different types.

Comment

So basically you are asking for stabilisers?

You really do make things easy for us
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              So basically you are asking for stabilisers?

You really do make things easy for us
              Posh stabilisers

Comment

Do you mean the axle or the quick release skewer?

I guess there are two different types.
                Dunno to be honest - he wanted to put my bike on the turbo trainer for me to pedal so he could set it up properly, and it wouldn't fit where the trainer attached to the bike - don't really know much more than that!

Comment

I have a tacx one, it came with a replacement QR skewer which has specifically shaped ends that fit into the clamp on the trainer. In terms of wheel size they are adjustable anyway to accommodate different size tires, I'd expect the range of adjustment to allow for different sized wheels as well. You will want a proper trainer tire, normal ones will shred rubber and disintegrate remarkably quickly.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Dunno to be honest - he wanted to put my bike on the turbo trainer for me to pedal so he could set it up properly, and it wouldn't fit where the trainer attached to the bike - don't really know much more than that!
                    Ok thanks petal, I'll figure it out from here.

Comment

Working...
                    X