• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Present Ideas Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Present Ideas Thread

So it's that time of year again and as I'm sure many on here will have the same sort of questions of "Any ideas what sort of present I can get for a .. year old/step father/new girlfriend etc." I thought why not collate all these in one single thread which then maybe useful to others in a similar situation.

So, here goes for the first question:

Any ideas what to get an 8yr old girl as a main present this Christmas? she got a for her birthday this summer and thought that was fantastic (highly recommended for any 8 yr old that hasnt already got one). She likes anything art/drawing creative related, forming dance routines with friends in front of the mirror and SIMS3 on the PC.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

How much are you spending? Lots of nice crafty kits aimed at that market - easy peasy.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      How much are you spending? Lots of nice crafty kits aimed at that market - easy peasy.
      This. My daughter's godparents have suggested one of these - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rainbow-Loom...s=rainbow+loom - for Christmas, which seems to be all the rage in America at the moment.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

she has 'just dance X' on the Wii, PsX, Xbox?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          So it's that time of year again and as I'm sure many on here will have the same sort of questions of "Any ideas what sort of present I can get for a .. year old/step father/new girlfriend etc." I thought why not collate all these in one single thread which then maybe useful to others in a similar situation.

So, here goes for the first question:

Any ideas what to get an 8yr old girl as a main present this Christmas? she got a for her birthday this summer and thought that was fantastic (highly recommended for any 8 yr old that hasnt already got one). She likes anything art/drawing creative related, forming dance routines with friends in front of the mirror and SIMS3 on the PC.
          At least at 8, you have a chance. My five year old wants a flying unicorn.

Dodgy can probably advise on the girlfriend.

Comment

I have promised someone a robot snake. Having done my research I suspect I may be ****ed. Or on the verge of patenting something. Depends how the experiments go.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              I have promised someone a robot snake. Having done my research I suspect I may be ****ed. Or on the verge of patenting something. Depends how the experiments go.
              Thought I'd seen it

Remote Controlled Rattlesnake Diamond Back: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

Comment

and

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wow-Wee-WowW.../dp/B000YGMIQE

Comment

I've just bought this for a massive Whovian

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1684...rsary-bracelet
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    I've just bought this for a massive Whovian

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1684...rsary-bracelet
                    Have you seen anything similar, but cheaper, for a massive Whovian who I don't like as much as that?

Comment

Working...
                    X