• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shank'es Tube

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shank'es Tube

walk not ride:

Busy on the platform? Walk instead: Northern Line commuters react in fury at TfL advice - Transport - News - London Evening Standard

all those ticket price rises didn't work then?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

"Accountant Matt Williams, 26, who commutes from Tooting Broadway to Balham said: “I don’t think many people will start walking and I personally live too far away so it will take me far too long.”

What a fooking lazy git, that's one stop, < 30 mins walk.
    Looks like tfl have a point.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I've always walked if my journey is one or two stops, cos it's usually quicker.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

"React with fury"? React like a bunch of ignorant dullards, it seems

"I can’t see why TfL can’t put on more trains" - I'm sure you can't, Laura (26). That's why you work in the fantasy world of advertising, rather than the real world where you can only fit so many trains on the line if you don't want them crashing into each other. Not to mention that they will be running more trains next year once the line upgrade has been completed; but that involves people actually going into tunnels and carrying out engineering work, with as little disruption as possible to the service, rather than just asking some graphics twonk to make the logo bigger in Photoshop. FFS.

Another Laura (31): "You could only walk two months of the year, the rest of the time the weather is too terrible." Buy yourself a mac and a brolly with the money you save. Also, I think you'll find it doesn't actually rain continuously in London for over 300 days a year.

Phillip (28): "TfL are a complete rip off. I pay £33 a week for zones 2-5." I know mate, having to pay nearly a fiver a day for access to a fast, usually pretty reliable underground rail network extending up to 13 miles from the centre of London is terrible isn't it? Oh, hang on, I live about 1 mile from the centre of my city, and it costs about a fiver for a return bus ticket.

It really annoys me when people who live and work in London bitch and whine about public transport. It's vastly superior there to just about anywhere else in the country, and cheaper too. They don't know they're born.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          "React with fury"? React like a bunch of ignorant dullards.... <snip>
          Good post, Nick, spot on.

Comment

Isn't it time businesses moved out of London?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              I've always walked if my journey is one or two stops, cos it's usually quicker.
              I used to as well; the centre of London is a lot smaller than people imagine.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

These guys have summed it up...

I contracted there for 4 months and it has been the only contract that I walked out on.

The London Underground Song: Amateur Transplants - YouTube
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  I used to as well; the centre of London is a lot smaller than people imagine.
                  These guys aren't in the centre of London.

The further out of zone one you are the farther apart tube stations are.

So walking ONE stop will take you 20-30 minutes in zones 3 & 4 but 10 minutes in zone 1.

I use to do it as a teen so I could spend my fare money on other things.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    These guys aren't in the centre London.

The further out of zone one you are the farther apart tube stations are.

So walking ONE stop will take you 20-30 minutes in zones 3 & 4 but 10 minutes in zone 1.

I use to do it as a teen so I could spend my fare money on fags and booze.
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X