• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So what exactly is the differance between Diet Coke and Coke Zero?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what exactly is the differance between Diet Coke and Coke Zero?

I ask becasue they were handing out free mini-cans of coke zero outside the office this morning. The can describes it as Great Coke Taste, Zero Sugar. I thought that was Diet Coke?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Nothing, they both taste like tulipe, as does all Coca-Cola. If it hasn't actually got kola nuts in it (there's only one brand that does and it's expensive and hard to find) it has no place on a real contractor's drinks menu.

And the same goes for Sprite.

Comment

Diet pepsi & pepsi max... what gives?... I cant sleep at night.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

It's all shi1t and should be banned !

Comment

Alledgedly... Diet Coke has no sugar and doesn't taste like normal Coke, and Coke Zero has no sugar and is supposed to taste more like normal Coke.
          If that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
            I ask becasue they were handing out free mini-cans of coke zero outside the office this morning. The can describes it as Great Coke Taste, Zero Sugar. I thought that was Diet Coke?

If it's anything like the Diet Pepsi Vs Pepsi Max thing then Coke Zero will be incredibly sweet like normal coke but with aspartene (?) a plenty in.

Comment

Both contain asparatame which may or may not be carcinogenic, depending whether or not the food police get to your organisation first.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
                If it's anything like the Diet Pepsi Vs Pepsi Max thing then Coke Zero will be incredibly sweet like normal coke but with aspartene (?) a plenty in.
                nah, no difference in ingredients or anything else I could see comparing them.

Only the marketing is different.

Comment

Coke zero has a much stronger flavour, I suppose it is more like "real coke." The secret to making it palatable is that it must be ice cold - if it's not then there's a really horrible aftertaste from the sweeteners. Provided it is ice cold then I like it more than normal (unflavoured) diet coke.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                    Nothing, they both taste like tulipe, as does all Coca-Cola. If it hasn't actually got kola nuts in it (there's only one brand that does and it's expensive and hard to find) it has no place on a real contractor's drinks menu.

And the same goes for Sprite.
                    Coca-Cola does not seem to taste the same world wise. I had one in the states many years ago and it actually stated contains Kola nuts. Some countries the Coca-Cola tastes more thick and syrupy like the older version in the 50s and 60s. Pepsi are quite up front and admit that they change the recipe quite regularly to match market tastes.

Sugar and fizzy drinks will cause stomach problems in hot climates (bugs like Co2). Sugar free drinks with Asptain will react with patients on beta blockers and must be avoided.

When I’m on holiday I tend to go for the locally made soft drinks. Sugar cane juice is nice and surprisingly it is not sweet.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X