• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the cheapest legal way to get hold of Visual Studio?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the cheapest legal way to get hold of Visual Studio?

Any help appreciated.

And a couple of pints at the next meetup.

Express version is free.

Pro is the next level now (they removed Standard to sneakly increase minimum price level) - going above it does not make much sense unless you want to be tied up into Microshaft source control tulip.

Comment

Express is free.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Express version is free.
        WAtWS....

Comment

Express version is free.
          Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Express is free.
          Thanks, what are the limitations with Express?

Can I still develop CUDA etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Thanks, what are the limitations with Express?

Can I still develop CUDA etc?
            CUDA is likely to require integration from NVIDIA, I don't think Express supports such plugins - at least they used to have such limits but they may have been relaxed in last version (unlikely).

I'd get free Express and try to install NVIDIA, if fails look at Pro version - there are trial versions that should work for 30 days I think.

Comment

Express version is free.

Pro is the next level now (they removed Standard to sneakly increase minimum price level) - going above it does not make much sense unless you want to be tied up into Microshaft source control tulip.
              I've just bought a new laptop and rather than run Linux as a native OS I'll go the VM route. As I'm going to have Windows 7 as the native OS I thought I'd go for a later version of VStudio...

However, £600 buys a lot of nappies and half a handbag!
              (Nappies are for Junior, Handbag is for CM, before you start!)

Comment

Anyone in the family a student? Some schools participate if your little one has made Reception yet - I forget his age.

https://www.dreamspark.com/Student/Default.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  However, £600 buys a lot of nappies and half a handbag!
                  Buy older VS 2008 on Ebay - I think NVIDIA's CUDA supports it. Or go for VS 2010 - it should definately be supported.

btw CUDA might be on way out as new ATI/AMD stuff is very impressive...

Comment

Buy older VS 2008 on Ebay - I think NVIDIA's CUDA supports it. Or go for VS 2010 - it should definately be supported.

btw CUDA might be on way out as new ATI/AMD stuff is very impressive...
                    Fcking typical ;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X