• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

München Hbf to Nürnberg (return) €54

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

München Hbf to Nürnberg (return) €54

or €87 if you prefer 1st class, during peak time, how are you going to beat that?

catch me later...

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

It's because German workers are so poorly paid and have such high energy bills, they've got to have low prices on transport.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's Nürnburg isn't it? There is no mountain called Nürn but there is a Burgh....

Me and the Missus when she lived in Berlin got a return to Dresden and it was a fecking fortune. I remember she used to do the regularly advertised car sharing that goes in the papers in Germany, so it's not all cheap by train...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        It's Nürnburg isn't it? There is no mountain called Nürn but there is a Burgh....
        I don't know where that is. But I know where Nürnberg is.

Dresden is lovely. Drove down from Berlin once or twice ourselves for the day out. These days we our Dresden is Salzburg. Five of us on a regional Bayern ticket for €35 euro return form München.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I don't know where that is. But I know where Nürnberg is.

Dresden is lovely. Drove down from Berlin once or twice ourselves for the day out. These days we our Dresden is Salzburg. Five of us on a regional Bayern ticket for €35 euro return form München.
          I got it wrong again! Nurnberg, Nurnburg, embarrassed myself with that before! Soz!

Dresden is magical, or at least part of the centre is, not SAP HQ obviously! The Saxon Wall and the old bridge over the Elbe, and the Cheese shop (not run by Herr Wensleydale) in the Neustadt it's just like full of cheese...

That day we saw a herd of Trabants, including a stretch Trabant, and a whole host of Zaporozhets Soviet-era cars, all well restored but still all crap cars. Some sort of rally...

We went to the Semper Oper, expecting to tout for some classic opera tickets, but it was Bruce Springsteen apparently....

Comment

or €87 if you prefer 1st class, during peak time, how are you going to beat that?

catch me later...

Didn't they have free train trips in the 1940s?
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              I got it wrong again! Nurnberg, Nurnburg, embarrassed myself with that before! Soz!

Dresden is magical, or at least part of the centre is, not SAP HQ obviously! The Saxon Wall and the old bridge over the Elbe, and the Cheese shop (not run by Herr Wensleydale) in the Neustadt it's just like full of cheese...

That day we saw a herd of Trabants, including a stretch Trabant, and a whole host of Zaporozhets Soviet-era cars, all well restored but still all crap cars. Some sort of rally...

We went to the Semper Oper, expecting to tout for some classic opera tickets, but it was Bruce Springsteen apparently....
              I'm amazed looking at pictures of how the city was left destroyed the 1940's and how well they've done to restore the city. We're did they go wrong with Southampton?!

We've stayed in Radisson Blu over the weekend, would recommend it. Lovely old building and usually very quiet, right in the city centre too.

Comment

I'm amazed looking at pictures of how the city was left destroyed the 1940's and how well they've done to restore the city. We're did they go wrong with Southampton?!

We've stayed in Radisson Blu over the weekend, would recommend it. Lovely old building and usually very quiet, right in the city centre too.
                We stayed over the Elbe in a Five Star, forget the name, wasn't very Five Star, modern, nice enough but not a patch on the Hotel Berlin in Berlin, four star, cracking hotel.

What's the name of the palace near Semper? Schw-sth!! Schwanger?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Didn't they have free train trips in the 1940s?
                  Reminds me of a Brit I met at the weekend. I had to sneer. Not nighty seconds into the conversion the war was mentioned. So stuck in past we are, and everyone else (at least in this city) lives for the future.

Comment

Do you have top open the window on the door, bend over outside to open it in order to exit train at the stop?

If that's the case then I am out...

Comment

Working...
                    X