• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear - Robberies with knives up 72%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear - Robberies with knives up 72%

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5256612.stm

Robberies involving knives have risen by 72% to 42,020 attacks across England and Wales in the last year, according to a report by an independent charity.

A study carried out by the Centre for Crime and Justice Studies (CCJS) describes government strategy on tackling knife crime as "incoherent".

I think John Reid has a solution, after a period of consultation.

Why do so many people want to steal knives? Are they collectors? They're not having my Swiss Army knife. No sirree.

As an aside, a colleague was in a pub using a Swiss Army knife to peel an apple. Someone saw him, and reported him to the police. The police then searched him, and found a perfectly legal Swiss Army knife. Lucky he wasn't using a chair leg to peel the apple. He could have been shot dead.

Comment

surely it would have been better to report

Robberies without knives down!
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Dont give them ideas!!

And DP, the official syntax is:

"John Reid will sort this out. After a period of consultation."

Although variations are allowed in certain contexts
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Yup that's right in the good old days robbers would break into houses, but these days most people have thousands of pounds worth of assets in various pockets, and generally nothing at home, so why bother with breaking an entering... when all you have to do is pull a knife.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

A study carried out by X describes government strategy on Y as "incoherent".

And this is news?

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

In training are we?

Originally posted by MrsGoof
              surely it would have been better to report

Robberies without knives down!
              Alistair Scammer-bell would be proud of you. A new Lie Drone in the making.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X