• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Really feeling bad about the Phillipines disaster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really feeling bad about the Phillipines disaster

Donated but from the news reports I wonder if the people who need it are gonna get it in time.

Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Donated but from the news reports I wonder if the people who need it are gonna get it in time.

If you've donated a windbreak it's a little too late.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Called my buddy this evening who's wife has family out there. The call went down well, and fortunately everybody is safe. I share your feelings of helplessness.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        If you've donated a windbreak it's a little too late.
        My navy mate is already there (Fleet Auxiliary were already there) and is spending the week digging trenches from tomorrow. You don't really need to know any more....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Don't worry, it'll help. The urgent stuff is already on it;s way and your cash will probably be used for rebuilding (and restocking for the next time).
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I was disappointed (but sadly not surprised) by the news that the Americans flew an empty transport plane so that they could evacuate their people. By all means get their people out but why not carry supplies in?

Comment

Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
              I was disappointed (but sadly not surprised) by the news that the Americans flew an empty transport plane so that they could evacuate their people. By all means get their people out but why not carry supplies in?
              Prensa Latina News Agency - Russia Sends Mobile Hospital, Medical Aid to Philippines

Moscow, Nov 12 (Prensa Latina) Russia has sent two planes carrying a mobile hospital, doctors, and a rescue team to the Philippines to assist the victims of Typhoon Haiyan, which ravaged that Southeast Asian country.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
                Not the first time the septics have dealt with their own citizens first in a crisis. They have left injured behind while evacuating US tourists who's holiday has been spoilt.

British Embassy on the other hand are bloody useless.

Comment

It is terrible.

You have to develop a sense of detachment. If you feel personal empathy with the victims of every disaster/famine/war you'd despair and probably end up topping yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
                    Not the first time the septics have dealt with their own citizens first in a crisis. They have left injured behind while evacuating US tourists who's holiday has been spoilt.

British Embassy on the other hand are bloody useless.
                    David Cameron has advised Brits to carry umbrellas.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X