• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Big Issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Big Issue

I do not know about the rest of you but this is the only weekly magazine I ever buy. My vendor is an extremely friendly Moldovan who hardly speaks any English. He is always bright and cheerful and he gives me a credit line(only person that does) whenever I say "sorry mate I haven't go any change". One of lifes true heros is John Bird with whom I have a had a few email exchanges over things like his coverage of the Occupy movement. I very much enjoy reading this magazine and I like the concept of getting people to do some form of work even if they are unemployable.

Keep buying it I say

I never realised how virtuous we agents could be
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

bunch of tax dodging employers. - IMHO

http://equality.uk.com/The_Big_Issue...ig%20Issue.pdf
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      I like the concept of getting people to do some form of work even if they are unemployable.
      So that's why you became an agent.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You borrow money off homeless people.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          You 'borrow' money off homeless people.
          FTFY

What the ****er didn't say is that he takes 30% of all sales within his territory.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            You Goddamn Pinko Lefty, you.

It's all coming out now.
            It is not a lefty publication and nor is the concept of encouraging individuals to be self sufficient lefty.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Why is he selling the Big Issue in London though? Surely he could do that in Moldova? If I buy one of these I make sure that it is a local person, that they are homeless and that they are registered and not one of the dodgy ones that we tend to get a lot of (they tend to nick the papers and then try and sell them, scum!) One thing though, surely he's not unemployed now as he's now a newspaper vendor so I presume that he's topping up with whatever he gets from the Big Issue with benefits? No different really to a single mother working in a supermarket...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I do not know about the rest of you but this is the only weekly magazine I ever buy. My vendor is an extremely friendly Moldovan who hardly speaks any English. He is always bright and cheerful and he gives me a credit line(only person that does) whenever I say "sorry mate I haven't go any change". One of lifes true heros is John Bird with whom I have a had a few email exchanges over things like his coverage of the Occupy movement. I very much enjoy reading this magazine and I like the concept of getting people to do some form of work even if they are unemployable.

Keep buying it I say

So in the pecking order of life an agent is lower than the homeless?
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Just a minute, Moldova is not in the EU so what is he doing living and working in Britain? Go on, ask him...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The Roma have cornered all the decent patches round here through intimidation and violence, it is how the females and older blokes fit into the criminal gang hierarchy, you would have to be an absolute idiot to purchase anything from them.

Comment

Working...
                    X